WSM propane convert

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

av8tor

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Feb 4, 2008
Fort Worth, TX
Has anyone converted a 18" WSM to a propane smoker? Looking for feedback, pictures and some parts that would work and not be too hot.
Thanks

Or instead we can trade my propane for your wsm!

Out of curiosity why do you want to do this? No offense meant or anything. I love my propane smoker.

I think someone on here did this a while ago. Sorry I can't remember who it was.

Chris

Or instead we can trade my propane for your wsm!

Out of curiosity why do you want to do this? No offense meant or anything. I love my propane smoker.
So I have had my WSM for 10+ years now and before that I used a GOSM Big Block. As we are retired now the 18" WSM is a much better size but I do miss the simplicity of the propane. After two back surgeries and still back problems I am just looking for easy and simplicity again.

Reactions: JCAP
I used a 2 burner camp stove on an old brinkman bullet I had years ago. That will get it up off the ground.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky