wrapping meat

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mmorey

Original poster
Jun 28, 2014
Hi I'm new to smoking I live in CT. And iam very excited to smoke different food.what does it mean when they say "wrap" the meat?

Last edited:
Without knowing any better, the day before we are going to smoke/cook the meat we rub it down with spices, herbs, oils, etc. then we wrap the meat in a plastic wrap like Glad Wrap. Its a thin plastic film which holds the liquids in against the meat as the spices/herbs/oils start a brine infusing the meat with flavors.

Is that what you were asking?

Oh and howdee, tis a pleasure to meet you.

Wrapping can also be something done during the cook or after the cook with foil. Some like to wrap the meat with foil durin the cook to help speed up the process. Most whole muscle meats (roasts, butts brisket) benefit from being wrapped in foil and rested for 45mins-1hour after cooking. This helps redistribute the juices back into the meat.

This can also be done to hold meat at temp for a couple hours. Wrap in foil, towels and put into a cooler. Sometimes you get done before your ready to serve.

Hello and welcome, looks like you got your question answered. Hope that helped

Gary S

Hey

Welcome to the Smoking  forum.   You’ll find great , friendly people here, all more than willing to answer any question you may have.  Just ask and you’ll get about 10 different answers—all right.  LOL.   Don’t forget to post qviews.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky