Wrapped meat in foil

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

peterg

Original poster
Mar 10, 2016
Hi everyone, I have a electric smoker that I use quite regularly which I have been hesitated to wrap

meat in foil, has any one done this? are there any problems with it? I appreciate any advice.

Hello and welcome, I run an electric smoker and have once or twice foiled meat in it. 

I don't do it much because I love the smoke on the meat.

But it most certainly can be done.

Other folks with a lot more knowledge will, I'm sure be along here shortly.

Keep on smokin'                         Ed

Last edited:
Hi Ed,

Thank you for your reply, I apologize, my question was wrong, what I needed to ask, was after smoking your meat is it ok to foil wrap it and leave it in the smoker, I've never done it before.

Appreciate your advice.

Peter

Welcome...Foiling meat is very common, usually with some liquid, when the Internal Temp (IT) stops rising. For a Pork Butt this stall is usually between 155 and 165°F and foiling speeds through the stall. Then there is the 3-2-1 method for Ribs 3 hours smoke. 2 hours in Foil and 1 hour back in the smoker. Also in the event the meat is done early and the guests are not, wrap in foil and towels and stick everything in a small cooler and the meat will stay hot for several hours...JJ

Last edited:

Hi Ed,

Thank you for your reply, I apologize, my question was wrong, what I needed to ask, was after smoking your meat is it ok to foil wrap it and leave it in the smoker, I've never done it before.

Appreciate your advice.

Peter
  Yes it's OK, but why would you do that?

If it's done it will continue to cook in the foil, then it will be over done.

If your just trying to keep it warm, you would need to keep the smoker temp around 175.

Easier way to keep it warm would be to wrap it in foil & towels like JJ said.

Al

texas.gif
  Good morning and welcome to the forum, from a sunny and warm  day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about  everything.

Nothing wrong with wrapping in Foil, 

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky