Wrap in FOIL???

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rvrivalkc

Original poster
Feb 10, 2008
OK when I did my butts, I wrapped in foil and put some of the basting sause in the package. All turned out well even though I had a hole in foil and most sause dripped out.
Is there any reason to use foil? OR could we put the butts in a 'turke' roastin bag?

Thanks
Jerry

Hey you just had bad luck with the foil. No reason to scrap the idea. Get some heavy duty foil. Double wrap, the foil serves a purpose as to hold the heat like Texas-Hunter said.

geob

Foiling IS a good thing for what the above said. i don't foil all the time ,i think it mushes the barq from some rubs.

Thanks
Is there any reason I should not bag in roasting bag, THEN wrap in foil?

I did try double wrap of heavy duty foil. Not only did it leak (gusess I seamed,tore hole etc in foil) but wife 'yelled' at me for using so much foil(costs$)

Thanks

You can use foil pans covered in foil too. You could even use a pot and a lid suitable for oven roasting if you like. The bag will work if you want to try it, just make sure you don't have any direct flames that can get to it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky