Work Sharp Ken Onion Edition

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 25, 2014
Attleboro,Ma
Wife got me a new sharpener for my B-Day
100_0158.JPG

The booklet has some very good info in it.
I already have the work sharp knife sharpener so I will see how much better this is with the variable speed and adjustable angle
Richie

Nice looking piece of equipment. Use it well.

Chris

Nice looking piece of equipment. Use it well.

Chris
Chris Thank you I have to see how much sharper this will make my knives, my hands don't let me use my stones anymore.Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

Nice B-day gift. Great looking sharpener. I have the work sharp sharpener an really like it. I'll be following this to see what u think of this upgrade.

Nice B-day gift. Great looking sharpener. I have the work sharp sharpener an really like it. I'll be following this to see what u think of this upgrade.
Buzz it will be a few days before I get to it unless I find a dull knife,just sharpened everything the other day.Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

Happpy Birthday Richie!

I have the same unit, it works very well. I think you will be happy with it

The way the wife treats her kitchen knives( mostly parring ) there is always a knife to sharpen. She does appreciate a sharp knife. I wait until there is a few to break out sharpener though.

Happy birthday Richie! I have the original work-sharp, does a nice job when I need it, maybe once a year. I'll be watching to see if there are new improvements. RAY

Happy Birthday, Richie! Congrats on your new toy and hope you are going to enjoy it. I have the same one and very happy with the result each time I use it. This sharpener is not cheap to buy but I never regretted I bought it. Let us know how you like (or not?) it....

Happy Birthday and congrats!! I got one for Christmas. I need a lot more practice with it so need to pick up some cheaper practice knives at Goodwill. It’s a bit tougher to use for lefties.

That is a great sharpener, but I would suggest you get the attachment that uses the 1" x 18" belts. It's a real improvement over the original design.
Al

Thank you ALL I got this off Amazon Thanks for the Likes & B-day congrats
Richie

My Chef's Choice 120 has started scratching my knives. Plus the stropping wheel is falling apart. Back to the stones and stropping block. Consequently, I'm looking at the Work Sharps.

I've got 20 kitchen knives I sharpen. Plus, another 20-30 working knives. How long do the Work Sharp belts last? Or how many knives can be sharpened before a belt must be replaced?

Great sharper. I have one. Going from a bevel grind (stones) to a convex grind (belt) is a bit different, and it’s not good to switch between the two. Once you sharpen up with a convex just stay with it. Don’t go back to stones (bevel edge) using a steel is fine, just don’t mix your sharpening between stones and belts. It will frustrate you with less than sharp knives.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky