Winter Is Coming Early This Year

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

KBFlyer

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Mar 7, 2018
Ontario Canada
Lots of signs this year that tell me its going to be a cold long winter. Never have I seen so many berries, apples and mushrooms. The birds and squirrels are packing away what ever they can find like crazy. Cold weather has moved in to Northern Ontario changing the landscape to a magical land of colors. I went out to one of my remote fishing spots to try and catch a few trout so I put up the UAV to take some pictures. Here is one of my favorites from my outing.

Ocovs9L.jpg

Beautiful photo. Still summer down here. Suppose to be 96 degrees today with heat index of 104. Cool front moving in this weekend and temps should drop some.

Beautiful photo, which UVA are you piloting?
Are you seeing migrating flocks of ducks and geese?

I personally can't wait for winter. I'm in Hawging's shoes. Record high temps in the upper 90's lately in OCTOBER for us in Middle TN!

Frost in the mornings up here. The trees are starting to change quick like.

Chris

Beautiful photo, which UVA are you piloting?
Are you seeing migrating flocks of ducks and geese?

Thanks
I have several UAV's but this one was taken with my Parrot Anafi which folds up into a small package great for hiking and such.

Canada geese have been doing the back and forth for almost a month now. Not many left other then the ones that are to dumb to go south LOL
Not many duck in my area so hard to tell what they are doing.
We just got our first snowfall this morning. Places with a little higher elevation got over 5 inches.

rN34bCQ.jpg

Awesome Pics, as always Devo!!
Same here---Supposed to be in the 30s here tonight.
Not suppose to get to 70° for the next 2 weeks!
Thanks for the Pics!
Like.

Bear

Where about are you in N Ontario? I was in the Vermillion Bay Area a few years back for some fishing. It was amazing!

Usually we don't get fall temps (70s to mid 80s) until mid October here in the Sacramento area. Fall arrived a month early in mid September. We even had a day last week with a high in the mid 60s.

We ain't complaining, though. It's nice to open the windows and give the A/C a rest.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky