Winter coat for my Jimmy and UDS aka Silver Smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fwismoker

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Dec 31, 2012
North East Indiana
Ok SUCCESS!   It's 25* out with 8 wind chill and i ran the UDS up to 405* and taking it back down to 275 to cook some rib tips.

The silver smoker is snug as a bug in a rug...It wouldn't matter if it was sub zero outside!

Thought i'd bump this ...this insulation is a huge success for not only temp stability but fuel savings.  Highly recommend doing it to UDS, WSM, and mini's  etc...

I like this! I do have questions! Please keep in mind that I am no expert and I just started smoking a few months ago. It was warm out then now it's getting cold.

1 what type of material is that?
2. Where did you buy it?
3. Did you join it with duct tape?
4. Did you find that it was blocking the airflow to the vents?

I like this! I do have questions! Please keep in mind that I am no expert and I just started smoking a few months ago. It was warm out then now it's getting cold.

1 what type of material is that?
2. Where did you buy it?
3. Did you join it with duct tape?
4. Did you find that it was blocking the airflow to the vents?
1) It's called reflectix

2) Menards because they carried the 2 foot roll but Lowes and HD carry it as well. My lowes could have ordered the 2 foot roll but Menards has more sizes in stock.

3)  Foil tape is what i joined it with

4)  No not at all, the mini it did great.  It still pulls the air easily from the top.   The UDS i did the cut outs but probably could have gotten away with not.  

Thank you so much!! Being that Super Bowl and st pattys day is still cold (and all of the weekends in between) this is a very awesome idea and is not too expensive either.

Thank you again for this.

On my long list of stuff to do.

Uds and coming soon mini.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky