• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Wings with new vortex

gmc2003

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 15, 2012
Those wings look fantastic Mike. Nicely done. The Vortex is definitely a wing changer, but it's so much more. I use mine about 80% of the time the kettle gets fired up.

Point for sure
Chris

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Nice job on the wings & brats!
They both look great!
And your right that vortex is a wing making machine!!
Al

HalfSmoked

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
Thanks for the like jaxgatorz it is greatly appreciated.

Warren

GATOR240

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 15, 2017
Great looking wings and brats Mike. How did you like the rub? I just received my vortex (from Owens BBQ) last week and did some wings with the Buffalo rub that came with it. They came out very juicy and crispy. I see lots of wings in the future! Like

jaxgatorz

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 30, 2008
Great looking wings and brats Mike. How did you like the rub? I just received my vortex (from Owens BBQ) last week and did some wings with the Buffalo rub that came with it. They came out very juicy and crispy. I see lots of wings in the future! Like
I like the rub, but the small shaker end still poured way too fast... So i just did the rest of them the same way, slathered them.. lol,,, Little too salty , but could just be from the amount that i put on em... Next time i will go with a lot less rub...

Last edited:

HalfSmoked

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
That is the way many rubs are they are very salty and you have to control it by the amount you use.

Warren

mossymo

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined May 30, 2007
Nice looking wings Mike and excellent post on your first cook with the Vortex!
Thanks for your Vortex order and great to see you enjoying it and our Buffalo Wing seasoning!
If you are any one else interested has a Facebook account join the Vortex group! - www.facebook.com/groups/VortexBBQ

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.