Wine, Food, & Thou!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

leah elisheva

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Sep 19, 2013
Seacoast of New Hampshire
Happy Thursday to all and here's to wonderful new WINO experiences and food ones to match!

Last night I joined New Hampshire pals who work in the wine industry for a fun tasting at someone's home. (We tested each wine blindly and had such hilarious fun when guessing varietals, vintages, regions, and of course getting it WRONG)!

I brought some coffee dusted wild boar, and then today grilled calamaris, which I topped over some brown rice spaghetti with saffron, and paired with a white Viognier which I was gifted at last night's affair.

Having trouble accessing my photos correctly on my computer, yet unable to access my avatar photo on this site when using my phone, I am now having to SPLIT my posts (do words and profile updates on my machine and then upload photos just from my phone) and so do humor me well!

Nonetheless, if one has vino, and wonderful food, and engaging company; they have it all! Or such are my hungover thoughts on this rainy day!

Please share your smoky pairings and sentiments on wine, food and people (3 essentials in life) and join in, as it's fun!

Cheers! - Leah

Morn'n Leah....... Well so much for the sunny CA. We are expecting 2 to 4 inches of rain in 12 hours.

That boar looks fantastic........I think I could do that plate all by myself.

Happy testing and stay dry.......

Brad

Just a slow steady rain here in East Texas (we need it)   Your food just gets better and better all the time. You could plate a 2x4 and make it look tasty  Great job as always

Gary

Thank you so much David & Gary!

Food & wine are such beautiful treasures that it is fun to enjoy every day and to the hilt!

I send great cheer!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Leah

Nice to see you are embracing the festive season. 

We have had a week of storms complete with lightening strikes.Lots of rain but not enough fell inland unfortunately. 

Wild boar hard to get right ,great effort.It looks divine.

Aussies gearing up for the usual seafood dominated Xmas day ,if you live on the coast.

The fish market trades 24 hours a day in the run up to the 25th. Having a love affair with Sparkling shiraz at the moment. 

Mount Langi the latest .I will reorder
drool.gif
it was just off the charts. Just the thing for Xmas day with roast duck,boned,rolled ,stuffed with duck sausage mix,cherries & herbs.

Thanks for another great post, Leah. The Boar looks wonderful and there is nothing better than sharing wine with friends.

Recently, a friend sent me a bottle of an Award winning 2006 Zinfandel because she knows Zinfandel is my favourite varietal (I have many friends who mock me over that). It was a very generous and expensive gift. She lives 800 km away and it will be sometime before she visits due to weather and distance. There is absolutely no chance of that wine being opened until she can come and share it with us. The only thing better than drinking a great wine is drinking it with others!

Disco

Happy new week to all, and Mick, my heart goes out to your part of the world today indeed! Such scary stuff!

Disco, that's terrific on the gifted bottle, and it IS more fun when shared! I totally agree. If you like Zin, you may like Duckhorn's "Parraduxx" blend (it's cab and zin and maybe some merlot if memory serves me well) and it is good!

Meanwhile, here's to a new week of very wonderful things! (For me that means Bordeaux)! So here's to that!

Cheers! - Leah

Yes it is scary,only a few blocks from my office & still not resolved 12 hours in.

Its put the city on edge.Its right smack in the CBD opposite a TV station headquarters,courts,banks major office blocks,department stores.

Its going to be a tough night for those hostages. My gut tells me the gunman is more mad than bad & he will fold.We have been on edge a bit here, for a while now.Security stepped up at obvious locations. Its got a desperate feel to it,badly planned,unfocused ,older guy on his own.

Wait &pray.

Thank you dearly Bear55! So nice to hear from you!

Cheers to all! - Leah

My food lately, from salmon to tuna, grilled smelties, and today's organic chicken thighs - grilled in herbs de Provence and with my white pepper dressing!

(Uploading with phone in next window).

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky