Wild turkey

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mowin

Master of the Pit
Original poster
May 30, 2015
upstate ny
Brined overnight. Stuffed with cream cheese, wild leeks, green peppers, and garlic. All wrapped up in a bacon weave and of course some rub on the outside.
11707.jpeg
IMG_20190511_134302842.jpg
IMG_20190511_163819077.jpg

Came out fantastic. Tender and juicy.

Great job. I have 4 pheasants I need to cook and might try this on one

Reactions: mowin
one question though why would you ruin that bacon with that turkey, only kidding looks great

Bacon makes everything better.
I've smoked wild turkey before, and being so lean, it has come out rather dry. The bacon was more to keep the turkey moist.

That looks great! I used to agree that Bacon makes everything better...Until I had it on a Philly Cheesesteak. I did not like the addition at all! Destroyed the flavor I know and love. Kind of like taking Mom's perfect Mac n' Cheese and adding a funky Gorgonzola or Limburger. The Bacon just Overpowered the Cheesesteak flavors...JJ

That looks great! I used to agree that Bacon makes everything better...Until I had it on a Philly Cheesesteak. I did not like the addition at all! Destroyed the flavor I know and love. Kind of like taking Mom's perfect Mac n' Cheese and adding a funky Gorgonzola or Limburger. The Bacon just Overpowered the Cheesesteak flavors...JJ

I agree somewhat. A Philly cheese steak isn't the same as a wild turkey breast. I've tried this same recipe without the bacon. Same temp, same pit, rather dry. The bacon wasn't great, but I was more wanting the wild turkey to shine. It did.

That's a fine looking meal, and a great idea.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: mowin
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky