WILD FORK FOODS DINO BONES-WOW!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 22, 2009
Central Florida (Sebring)
Well I had the salmon I bought at WFF, put it on the flat top, and I made lox with the sushi grade filet's that I bought. Actually they are in the fridge ready to slice this AM. So on to my next project which was these Aged, USDA Prime, Dino bones. I smoked them on Friday for V-Day. I'll get right into the photo's! Here is the meat.

IMG_0958.jpg

I started with a pan with one can of French onion soup.

1.jpg

Put a rack on top.

2.jpg

Next the bones just fit over the pan.

3.jpg

I didn't put much seasoning on them, just some EVOO & pepper.

4.jpg

Fire up the Lang.

5.jpg

6.jpg

And into the smoker they go.

7.jpg

The smoker sat on about 250 all day. I just added a split every 45 minutes or so.

8.jpg

It's been about 4 hours in right here.

9.jpg

This is at the 6 hour mark. Probably another hour or so to go.

10.jpg

Here they are all done. It took them to 203-205 to get probe tender.

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

Now here is the cool thing. I was expecting to see a well done, meaning brown piece of meat when I cut the ribs, but as you can see the smoke penetrated all the way thru. That is one big smoke ring!!

14.jpg

Even after they were done, they were still about 3" thick!

15.jpg

Judy & I ended up splitting one rib & we were full, no sides or anything. So the next day we took the meat off the other 2 bones & made a sort of soup/stew.
Judy took the pan drippings, and de-fatted them in the fridge. Then we boiled down the stock added some veggies, cubed up the meat, added it, and then added some noodles.

17.jpg

18.jpg

16.jpg

19.jpg

21.jpg

And this was last nights dinner.
22.jpg

Very good, tasty & filling. Have enough for tonight too.
Just to give you an idea how big these bones were, check this out!

20.jpg

Thanks for looking fellas!
The only thing I have left from WFF is a brisket, aged & prime. Can't wait to see how that goes! A big shout out to Wild Fork Foods for the quality & service they provide. If your lucky enough to live in Florida, these guys are the real deal!!
Al

Last edited:
Wow they look great, don't think I could have made soup out of the leftovers though, but the soup does look great also.

Holy dino ribs! That smoke penetration is unbelievable! Nice cook Al! Looks like wild Fork has some nice quality stuff! That place is a great find for you.

WOA!! those are HUGE and look so good. great cook and the soup looks great!

OMG !!!
I've made some Great Dino Ribs, but those "Prime Dinos" you got there, Al, are over the Top!!!
Totally Awesome!!!
Nice Job!!
Like.
One Question: Does that Pup in the last picture Retrieve???

Bear

Al that may be the deepest smoke ring I have ever seen. Love the use of the rack over the pan to give you nice pan drippings. I always use a pan of broth under my cooks too. Soup looks great as well. Great cook!

Reactions: negolien
Awesome cook Al very large meaty ribs and the soup would be to die for.
Have you made your next order from that meat supplier?

Warren

Wowser Al, you stepped up to the plate and hit one out of the park! Beautiful piece of work, huge Like. RAY

Those ribs look amazing al! The soup looks tasty also. Bet that rib meat gave it some great flavor. Big like

Ryan

Yabba, Dabba delicious!!! Those ribs are monstrous, and a thing of beauty.

Point for sure
Chris

One Question: Does that Pup in the last picture Retrieve???

Must be, he showing off his prize

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky