WIFI probe

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kerstingm

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Apr 21, 2013
Ohio
Can anyone recommend a good WIFI temp monitor setup? I have a Webber Igrill bluetooth setup that I got for a Christmas present, I've been using it since early spring. My #1 issue is the lack of signal once I get inside on top of losing one probe due to it going bad, I just lost the other probe tonight.
I have read good reviews on the Mavericks, but I don't think they have a WIFI system.

I'm using a ThermoPro TP-08.
One of the reasons I got it was the 300' range. And so far, it's been good for me.
(At much less than 300 feet, but with a lot of obstacles in the way.)
It does what I needed it for. Monitors the grill or smoker temp, and lets me stick a probe in my meat.
Since I don't cook a whole barnyard at once, simple works for me.

Reactions: kerstingm
I have the FireBoard. Pretty small unit and can have up to 6 probes at one time. Saves your data on their cloud and connects via blue tooth and WiFi. Go up town and watch your progress.

I have the Tenergy, it has 6 probes , & a free app for your smart phone. I've only used it twice but so far so good. I got it at Amazon for under $60. from what I read they have good customer service with free probe replacement. I figure I couldn't go wrong for the price & if it last me a couple of years between the grill, smoker & oven, then I'm ahead of the game

E

I have the Tenergy, it has 6 probes , & a free app for your smart phone. I've only used it twice but so far so good. I got it at Amazon for under $60. from what I read they have good customer service with free probe replacement. I figure I couldn't go wrong for the price & if it last me a couple of years between the grill, smoker & oven, then I'm ahead of the game

E
These newer BT six probe therms have great range and are simple to use with the app. I like the graph.

My outdoor kitchen is on the far side of my house in the back, I was all over my house & even out front to get the mail & I still had reception

E

Thanks everyone for the info,
As mentioned above I am not trying to cook a barnyard of food, my splitlevel house is setup strange, just looking for something simple that doesn't loose connection as soon as I go inside or walk upstairs

Reactions: SonnyE
I live in a split level, & I made sure the signal would reach my bedroom, lower level family room, & garage. I forgot about it when I went for the mail & I got a low temp alarm so I had to go back & throw another log on the fire

I live in a split level, & I made sure the signal would reach my bedroom, lower level family room, & garage. I forgot about it when I went for the mail & I got a low temp alarm so I had to go back & throw another log on the fire

And that right there is the essence of a wireless thermometer.
Kind of a "cattle prod" reminder.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky