Wife's Second Quilt

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
She made me a quilt. One side is bread making things and the other side is cryptids.
I was snoozin.

409019653_10224694599052428_8167900890197494686_n.jpg

409050090_10224694599012427_1808137653483374700_n.jpg

Dang that's cool !
What a couple you make, not many people bake their own bread these days (a few dabble and quit very few embrace it as a way of life)
Even fewer attempt quilting. Only a few of them tackle anything beyond a baby quilt.
That looks like a project she can be proud of, right there.
Did she use polyester batting or cotton ?
That might have been a stupid question as I don't even know if cotton batting is still available.
I had 2 cotton ones that my grandmother made, but lost them in a fire 35 years ago. Those were the warmest I ever had to this day and heavy too. The original weighted blanket,

Very cool! We are missing these hand crafted items in our society generally. Labor/love. You cannot replace that.

Mrs Okie is on a quilting retreat right now. Spends up to two weeks with her quilting clatch twice a year.

Its quilting 24/7 with her, if she's not in her sewing room , she's watching YT vids on quilting.

Thanks y'all

She uses cotton batting. Her quilter friend said this was the best one.
IMG_7599.jpg

Reactions: JLeonard
I have two quilts. One from my Great Grandmother, and another from Grandmother. I've seen what it takes to make one during a Quilt festival when I lived in Bell Buckle, TN. Needless to say, I'm stealing your wife! Tell her I make dang good cornbread! JK! That's a VERY nice quilt she made. Nappy time!

Reactions: JLeonard
I have two quilts. One from my Great Grandmother, and another from Grandmother. I've seen what it takes to make one during a Quilt festival when I lived in Bell Buckle, TN. Needless to say, I'm stealing your wife! Tell her I make dang good cornbread! JK! That's a VERY nice quilt she made. Nappy time!
I dont know Dave.....youve seen the sourdough and other things he produces. You may have to up the ante a good bit! Now, If we could get on the wait list for a quilt......

Jim

My wife has had a few already sewn together and just now getting on the long arm.

This one is on now, going to daughter in GA, They are catholic.
Her husband just got told he has stage 1 colon cancer, so this will help some.

IMG_7607.JPG

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky