Wife of a smoker. What do I buy

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

woasmoker

Original poster
Nov 28, 2016
Hello from Oregon y'all.

I want to buy my husband a digital thermometer wireless for when he is smoking/bbq.
I have read Maverick and ThermoSmoke?
What do i buy. Help....Price really isnt a deal breaker, i just want the best.

Thanks in advance

To throw one more into the fire, I use the iGrill2 with four probes and it has been a great therm. I'd also recommend an instant read therm. I use mine more than the iGrill for everyday cooking. The Lavatool javalien is a great choice and can be purchased off Amazon for $25-$26.

Last edited:
I have a maverick and like it. That said the igrill looks interesting and maybe a future purchase for me. Any chance you could buy both and just keep the one he wants?

Since you said price isn't an issue and you just want the best, I'd go with the Thermoworks Smoke. As was stated, an instant read would also be a wonderful companion gift. There are times you need to check more than one piece of meat, and a leave in probe is a clumsy way to do that. If you go with the Smoke and a Thermopop you're looking at around $125. The Smoke and the Thermapen Mk4 will run you around $200. If somebody gave me the Smoke/Thermapen combo, I know I'd be a REALLY happy boy.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky