Wickle Pickles

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bertjo44

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Feb 18, 2008
Salem, VA
Has anyone else tried Wickle Pickles? I tried them at my parent's recently down in Hunstville. I typically like pickles okay but these things freakin rock. My brother had been telling me about them for a while and I finally got to try them, I pretty much ate a jar in a couple of days. You can order from their website, as I think they only sell in that region right now. The pickles were the best but they also have pickle relish which I didn't get to try, a sub & hoagie relish which was also awsome (on hot dogs and sandwiches). I was a little dissapointed with their banana pepper rings. A usual favorite of mine theirs were sweeter with little heat, still good but not to the level of the pickles or hoagie relish. Anyway, if anyone else has tried I'd like to know your opinion. If you love pickles and haven't tried them you might want to order some.

I agree, Wickles are awesome! I see them here and there in South carolina and generally try to keep some on hand. They're so good when the pickles are gone we'll throw some other cheapo brand back into the jar to soak up the left-over brine. Perfect sweet/heat balance.

Okay, so they are more widely available than I thought. Good, maybe the'll be around here soon.
PDT_Armataz_01_29.gif

On edit....I rechecked their website and it says available 'nationally' in specialty food markets (though I think my brother got them at Publix but I wouldn't consider them specialty store, just a regular grocer). So anyway, I just check Fresh Market and they have them (at least online) so I'll be making a trip there. Am waiting on response from them to see if Ukrops carries them as well.

More details please before I order a case sent up to SEATTLE.......grins.

Can you describe the ratio of sweet, to heat?

I'm one more for Baby dills in garlic. Not too sweat like a relish, but heavy on the garlic and the more heat hot the better.

Are these crisp, or soft. If they snap when you crunch and eat them all the better.

THANKS for the info!

Been about 2 months since I had them and just the once so far. I would say heat is inline with Mt. Olive Hot Pepper Rings (if you've had those). Not like sweet pickles more along the lines of bread and butter but really a more unique flavor. If you like picles I don't think you'll be disapointed.

Nother thing to do/try is I peel some carrots and slice em on the bias put em into the brine with cauliflower florets, celery any veggie you want.
Let em sit ten days and they're great.
Sometimes I toss in a hot pepper or so as well :)

I just tried the pickles and the regular relish tonight. I was shocked to find them at Wally World here. They didn't have the hoagie relish or the pepper strips that I also wanted to try.

I liked both the pickles and the relish. Just a little heat to the pickles, but it doesn't last. You kind of get a little heat when you chew it up, but it's gone before I get the next one to my mouth. I could use a little more heat, but it is kind of a pleasant balance.

eek.gif
Wickles are in the house. Found them (and the hoagie relish) at Fresh Market. Also, picked up some Bone Suckin Sauce there (wife picked up some sweet n sour drink mixer).

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky