Why'd The Chicken Cross the Road?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
That's some seriously dirty rice! ;) Roughly how long did it take to cook the chicken on that upper rack?
Thanks WR, love me some Dirty Rice.
This was a pretty mild batch, I usually make it dirtier and much hotter.
Use the bacon grease to first fry your livers and/or sausage, then saute your rice in it... Mmmmm, filthy, dirty rice, it should come with an explicit content label.

The chicken started on the lower grill for about an hour, that's where the bottom got all the color and char.
After that I moved it up to make room for the carrots, about two hours or a little more total.

Wow, that is one of the most amazing series of food pics I've seen here. Not just one thing, but close to a dozen.

Do you cater?
Aw shoot, thanks John, too kind and glad ya like the pics/food.

Yes I'll cater, but I so over price my services that no one has yet to take me up on it.
And I'll tell ya, I prefer it that way.;)

And, in answer to the topic heading:

Why'd The Chicken Cross The Road?

GRANDPA
In my day, we didn't ask why the chicken crossed the road. Someone told us that the chicken crossed the road, and that was good enough for us.

ARISTOTLE
It is the nature of chickens to cross the road.

KARL MARX
It was a historical inevitability.

CAPTAIN JAMES T. KIRK
To boldly go where no chicken has gone before.

FREUD
The fact that you are at all concerned that the chicken crossed the road reveals your underlying sexual insecurity.

EINSTEIN
Did the chicken really cross the road or did the road move beneath the chicken?

BILL CLINTON
I did not cross the road with THAT chicken. What do you mean by "chicken"?
Could you define "cross" please?

DR. SEUSS
Did the chicken cross the road?
Did he cross it with a toad?
Yes! The chicken crossed the road,
But why it crossed, I've not been told!

THE BIBLE
And God came down from the heavens, and He said unto the chicken, "Thou shall't cross the road." And the chicken crossed the road, and there was much rejoicing.

ERNEST HEMINGWAY
To die. In the rain. Alone

COLONEL SANDERS
I missed one?

Last edited:
Awesome Job. Sounds like good memories being made with the kids.

Holy WOW!!!! Chile, what does a guy say..... Looks incredible. Big LIKE..... PS, I am stealing some ideas...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky