Why do my ribs look like this?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bbq_hugh

Original poster
Dec 21, 2020
Calgary, AB
A2F97BE5-F53F-4724-B881-F440ABCE763C.jpeg

I am trying to figure out what the greyish meat in the middle of the ribs is... all I know is that it tastes fine 😂

This happens when the meat is cooked with low heat. Did you put your ribs on right out of the fridge?
Looks like the middle got steamed before it finished. Its not bad meat.

Reactions: bbq_hugh
Thanks! Yeah, I probably should’ve let it warm up a bit more before tossing it on. It was a pretty cheap cut, so I was a bit shocked by the amount of meat on the one end.

Reminds me of the old joke f "What is that white stuf in chicken sh*t? The answer is..................................... chicken sh*t!

That’s some of the meatiest ribs I have ever seen, they almost look like loin chops.!
Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky