Why are you at SMF?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Ya know I don't even remember what I was looking for when I found this forum!
PDT_Armataz_01_15.gif
I had already been smoking for a few years but thought something wasn't quite right even though everybody loved it....come to find out I was doing it completely wrong...had billowy white smoke kept throwing wood at it humm what else could I do wrong....
eek.gif
Once I mastered the TBS and regulating the temps...WOW is that some good Q!!! I just did a cook for my Eagles Club where I cooked 240lbs of Pulled Pork...they are still talking about it around town....this was all thanks to the SMF and it's family! Of course now my wife thinks I'm nuts since I look at everything as a potential smoke!!!
PDT_Armataz_01_05.gif

Funny that you mention that. Actually I did think of that. I drink green tea or else I would have.
icon_smile.gif
icon_smile.gif
icon_smile.gif

ronp, it's all good, remember?

As much stuff as you smoke? I'm thinkin' a fruit wood. Anyone used orange yet? Hmmm...orange smoked tea...wow! No, wait, this would be the ultimate classic...lemon tea!!!!!!!!!!! Give it a shot, ron. C'mon, if anyone can do it, you can. I'm thinkin' foil pouch for about 5 minutes with the pouches seperated by an inch or 2, wait if it's pouches just put it on a smoke rack and, OK, wait, do you use bagged tea? Or straight from a can?
OK, no problem there, if from the can, do the foil pouch and yer there.

Heck this would be so good. If only I was a tea drinker. Yeah, I'm the coffee killer myself, but, then, I'm still on the work force too, so I have an excuse, lame as it may be...

There's only one law I think we might be breakin': "If you can eat it, smoke it", er, well, s^!t, maybe somebody already got me on this one. Has anyone quit chewing Copenhagen lately, and went to tea for a crutch, instead? Dammit!!! Well, I have heard of it, never tried it, but heard of it.

Anyway, it's all good, and damn good fun, eatin' and drinkin' too!

I'm countin' on you ron. GO FOR IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eric

Dude, I think all the "Q" drippings has your puter screwed up. Only SMF key works! Right!

I'm here cause wife can't stand me and I love eating "Q". Hunting, eating "Q", used to like drink and eat "Q" but................well enough. I plain just like ya'll here.

Well... if I wanted to try roasting some columbian (coffee beans I mean, I'm thinking of you Mr. Aardvark), where would I find raw beans in the states and what wood would I be looking for? Maple maybe?
It would definitely need to be subtle....
PDT_Armataz_01_30.gif
Me and Juan Valdez, we got a thing goin' on...

Oh s h i t did I start something? No I wont smoke tea bags or put in the water pan.

You do it Eric and let me know. I am crazy enough.

You guys are just too funny.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

We do have a member hear that has mentioned smoking and marketing bubble gum in different flavors; hickory, mesquite, etc. This is not his only ingenious thought or contraption he has come up with for smoking, who can guess of whom I speak of?

Being here in SMF has made me look like a genius amongst my smoking friends. lol I actually found out about this site from another forum. I have been thru a few sites and this site out does the rest. Its nice to see what other people have for ideas and if ya don't agree its not held against you. To see a few made it to Flushing last week is kinda what this place is all about to me. I couldn't make it cause of Deer Hunting but I do plan on making one sometime. Besides it makes for great reading at 2 am in the morning.

No idea, must be before my time, is he still here?

I love good Que. stumbled in to try and get some rib rub recipes and BBque sauce recipes...learned just cause ya done it that way for years dont make it right,,,I was King of the white billowing Smoke...my motto was if a little wood was good more was better....thanks to all that have helped....the people here are friendly down to earth and want ya to learn from there good smokes and from their mistakes.neaver heard of a fattie till here and neaver had chatted with so many nice people.

Why am I at SMF? Good question. I guess because it would be just stupid to ignore the best smoking meat forum on the web.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
To Jeff and the great mods on this site. ( not meant as a suck up )

Came across this site while searching for sausage recipes,and joined the same day.Never knew that sites like this even existed.Living in England where smoking is not very popular it is geat to find so many people that are interested in my favourite way to cook.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky