Who's Planning To Attend The TN Gathering Next Month?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Robert, Those of us that are hoteling it could maybe plan to stay at the same hotel. Boost their income for the weekend.

Yes, and it would give us more party time when we get back to the hotel in the evening :emoji_laughing: Brian and I are PM'ing to try getting this sorted out. Once we get it down on paper one of us will post it here. We just need to find out which of those hotels is most likely to have a bar on premises.

Robert

Reactions: GATOR240
Robert sounds good. Altho it may be a BYOB, not sure if hotels have bars in them. Lemme know what you and Brian work out and we'll shoot for the same.
Jim

Robert sounds good. Altho it may be a BYOB, not sure if hotels have bars in them.

Some hotels do, some don't. I'm fixin' to find out though :emoji_wink: I'd rather sleep under a bridge with the winos if they have wine versus staying at a place where beer is not available :emoji_astonished:

Robert

Ok, here's the scoop. Neither hotel has a lounge. The Hampton does sell beer and they have a lobby where we can hang out and enjoy the beers. There is also a high-end brew pub just down the street. The lady says it's easily within walking distance but I'm betting that lady has never spent a day with Jake and would have no idea how to walk after a day like that :emoji_laughing:

The Holiday Inn Express has a Kroger's right next door where beer can be bought and consumed on site in the lobby. There is also a wine and spirits store right next door (on the other side??). Based ona ll of that, I guess it just boils down to wherever folks want to stay.

Robert

• Haha
Reactions: JLeonard
Alrighty then...I have a room booked. I believe the Hampton that Jake mentioned is bogus :emoji_laughing: I checked every single type of room they have and all are sold out. Really? Pleasant View, TN is the tourist capital of the world and hotel rooms are completely booked up 2 months in advance? Sorry...I'm having a hard time buying that.

Went back to the Holiday Inn Express in Springfield and the Expedia site came up offering rooms at the Hampton in Springfield considerably less so I booked my room there. It was $100 less for my stay than the Holiday Inn. I'm weird about that. I have no reservations about dropping a considerable amount of cash serving a meal to friends but can't stand the thought of $100 a night for a place to lay my head for a few hours and take a shower. Here is basic info for the hotel I'm at:

1614885445523.png

If others chime in with a different place they would rather stay, please say so. I'm not adverse to changing and I can cancel this room for free up until the day before.

Robert

Reactions: forktender
Lmao pleasant view is far from a tourist Mecca. Very nice small town. Kids go to the christian school there. My grandparents stay at the Hampton in springfield when they come. There is a Walmart nearby. Reason you see hotels out here fill up so fast is because they are so much cheaper than staying in nashville but at the same time a short drive into the city. I agree book fast

Also I don't know what sites y'all are checking but the Hampton in pleasant view has several available rooms. I just googled it

Reactions: JLeonard
Also I don't know what sites y'all are checking but the Hampton in pleasant view has several available rooms. I just googled it

I have no clue. I went to the site and it said they had rooms so I clicked on "Reserve Room", chose one, and it said none were available. Went to the next room and same thing. Checked every room option they had and all were "not available". Oh well, at least I have a place to stay. Now I need to get a rental car lined up.

Robert

I have no clue. I went to the site and it said they had rooms so I clicked on "Reserve Room", chose one, and it said none were available. Went to the next room and same thing. Checked every room option they had and all were "not available". Oh well, at least I have a place to stay. Now I need to get a rental car lined up.

Robert
Airport is your best option for a car. Sounds to me all y'all need to chip in on a 15 passenger van lol unless you wanna carpool with "Jethro"

• Haha
Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
Airport is your best option for a car. Sounds to me all y'all need to chip in on a 15 passenger van lol unless you wanna carpool with "Jethro"

"Robert" is just a pseudonym. My real name is Jethro and John is not supposed to be posting that. It was our little secret :emoji_wink:

Robert

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: MJB05615 and TNJAKE
For anyone who is flying I have a $225 flight voucher for southwest that is transferable. My oldest son was going on a school trip to nyc last March and covid hit and instead of a cash refund I got a voucher. I'm never gonna use it and it expires next year. Free to whoever can use it!

Still too early to tell if I will be able to make the trip. Haven't gotten a chance to speak to the wife or see what the kids might have on the calendar. Hopefully nothing! Should have scheduled for the fall I am sure all these Texas boys would love to see some leaves change colors!

unless you wanna carpool with "Jethro"

Robert might have to take him up on a ride down to Gatlinburg for that airbrushed T-shirt he has been talking about wanting so bad!

"Robert" is just a pseudonym. My real name is Jethro and John is not supposed to be posting that. It was our little secret :emoji_wink:

Don't forget your banjo!

Still too early to tell if I will be able to make the trip. Haven't gotten a chance to speak to the wife or see what the kids might have on the calendar. Hopefully nothing! Should have scheduled for the fall I am sure all these Texas boys would love to see some leaves change colors!

Robert might have to take him up on a ride down to Gatlinburg for that airbrushed T-shirt he has been talking about wanting so bad!

Don't forget your banjo!
Sounds to me you should talk to her tonight. You're not gonna want to miss this!

Airport is your best option for a car.

I was checking the airport. Cheapest thing I could find was $63 a day that would carry 5 people...which may not be enough. You might be right about the van. I have not booked the car yet though. Gonna wait till Tracy gets off work and see if she can work her magic. When I was looking at flights yesterday my price was right at $1000 round trip. She worked her magic and now I'm flying for free. She's pretty savvy with all this travel stuff :emoji_astonished:

Free is good....
Robert

I was checking the airport. Cheapest thing I could find was $63 a day that would carry 5 people...which may not be enough. You might be right about the van. I have not booked the car yet though. Gonna wait till Tracy gets off work and see if she can work her magic. When I was looking at flights yesterday my price was right at $1000 round trip. She worked her magic and now I'm flying for free. She's pretty savvy with all this travel stuff :emoji_astonished:

Free is good....
Robert
Do you know if Brian is flying?

Sunday is reserved for that trip to Gatlinburg and why I opted to eave Monday. Gonna get an air brushed Dolly Parton shirt and have some floozy autograph it for me so it looks authentic. It'll be the pride of my t-shirt collection.

Don't forget your banjo!

Yep!! I can strum the banjo and blow out a tune on my Ethiopian lip whistle at the same time. Multi-tasking man, multi-tasking!!

Sounds to me you should talk to her tonight. You're not gonna want to miss this!

Jake is right. No talking required, just tell her you're going and let that be the end of the discussion....and possibly the marriage :emoji_astonished: At least you'd have a full belly and some fond memories.

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky