Whole boneless pork loin on sale...Time to make CB!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Ok SMF, I picked up 2 loins today each a little over 10.5lbs...

DSC02701.JPG

DSC02702.JPG

21.25lbs. of loin for less than $30 bucks. Heck yea!!

Got the brine mixed up and cooled the pot packed in ice in the sink...

DSC02703.JPG

Cut the loins into 3rds, tried to make the weights close... they range from 3.25~4# so I measured the cure out for each bag and added 2qts. of brine per bag.

DSC02704.JPG

Brought them to the firehouse and into the fridge they go. See y'all in about 8 days for the cook....

Great Start, Inda!
Pork Loin is the only Pork we get good price on all the time here.
Always under $2, but best price in years was $1.45.
Dang Butts are always expensive around here!!

Bear

Great Start, Inda!

Bear
I can get butts for $0.99/lb. here on sale. Usually about 4~5 times a year. This was the best loin price I've seen in a while so I jumped on it. I'll be using Maple extract so I'll post the process I use for ya.

Great Start, Inda!

Bear
Yeah,we have Martin's here,which is the same as Giant.The "sale prices" on things lately seem like their regular prices.Seems you have to wait it out longer lately to stock up on things at an actual sale price.

I can get butts for $0.99/lb. here on sale. Usually about 4~5 times a year. This was the best loin price I've seen in a while so I jumped on it. I'll be using Maple extract so I'll post the process I use for ya.

Sure, Go ahead, Rub it in!!!:D
If we have butts at all, they run about $3.49 or more. Haven't seen a Boston Butt under $2.50 in years.
That's why you never see me posting Butts.

Don't let me miss that Maple extract CB.

Bear

Last edited:
Sure, Go ahead, Rub it in!!!
If we have butts at all, they run about $3.49 or more. Haven't seen a Boston Butt under $2.50 in years.
That's why you never see me posting Butts.

Don't let me miss that Maple extract CB.

Bear
I rather ribs over pulled pork any day... But (pun intended) I do buy a lot of butts for sausage. That might change though as I recently found I can buy a 75# box of miscuts and scrap for $0.55~60/lb. It runs 25~30% fat which is great for mixing with wild game.

I rather ribs over pulled pork any day... But (pun intended) I do buy a lot of butts for sausage. That might change though as I recently found I can buy a 75# box of miscuts and scrap for $0.55~60/lb. It runs 25~30% fat which is great for mixing with wild game.

That's a Great Price for 25 to 30% fat content !!!

Bear

Good deal on loins. When they are on slae here , I stock up and freeze them.

I get butts for 1.99 here and I am not that far from Bear. That's odd.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky