Whole boneless pork loin on sale...Time to make CB!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Here ya go...pics. of the slices. Color really does not show-pink tinted cured meat on a pink cutting board-LOL!!
The slicer tx smoker sent me arrived monday just in time to slice my CB!
DSC02729.JPG

Mucho thanks to tx smoker for sending that to me, I really appreciate it! Sharp blade made quick work of the cold CB....
I ended up with 250~270 1/8" slices. I packed them 6 to a bag. Breakfast tomorrow will include CB....only dilemma is WHICH ONE!?!?! BP or piri pirir????

Reactions: Bearcarver
I know this is probably very obvious but what is this CB you speak of?

Canadian Bacon

It is cured pork loin, instead of belly.

BBB is BuckBoardBacon, made from the shoulder butt

I think they are basically all cured the same way, just flavoured differently to one's liking.

They would all taste a bit different, as they are completely different meat products even if you cured them the exact same.

I rather ribs over pulled pork any day... But (pun intended) I do buy a lot of butts for sausage. That might change though as I recently found I can buy a 75# box of miscuts and scrap for $0.55~60/lb. It runs 25~30% fat which is great for mixing with wild game.
How do you go about getting miscuts? Curious as i make alot of sausage.

How do you go about getting miscuts? Curious as i make alot of sausage.

Try your local processor. They often have scraps/mis-cuts in a large box, just to make a little $$ - rather than throw away.
I also get boneless picnic shoulders by the case from a local supplier ($1.25/lb) - and I find these make excellent smoked sausage. When I'm making breakfast sausage, I prefer using butts - as they tend to have a lower fat content.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky