Who else is a coffee roaster?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

scarbelly

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 26, 2009
We have been roasting coffee for a couple of years now and the difference between store bought beans and home roasted is amazing not only price but flavor. I have sent some Christmas presents to some of my long time compadres to taste and the feedback has been very positive so far.  That is the good news. The bad news is that our roaster died so we had to get a new one and the one we had has been on back order for at least 6 months so I had to go to the next step.  This is a hefty investment of $500 but will be worth the $ in the long run based on how much coffee we go thru.

Here is the new roaster

08bc4423_Gene_Cafe_thumb21.jpg

What are the other roasters using and where are you getting beans?

We have been very happy with Sweet Marias beans. Great product, supports the environment and awesome customer service

Who are you using?

Hey did ya get me a few beans sent out!  Been looking for em but I am getting buy on local Community Coffee beans.  LOL

Hey did ya get me a few beans sent out!  Been looking for em but I am getting buy on local Community Coffee beans.  LOL
Now that I am back up and running yours will go out soon - Just need to wait til the beans get here - I am avoiding the post office until after Christmas but you are on the list my friend

i had some of yer beans this morning and they were damn good. i don't roast (yet) but i know some guys on another forum (cigar) and Jerry's Killer Beans seems to be popular...don't know about his prices or CS.

I use an I-Roaster,mill,and french press outfit. Use Captainscoffee.com. Nice family owned business.

I use an I-Roaster,mill,and french press outfit. Use Captainscoffee.com. Nice family owned business.
I had the iRoast, my second one until it died the other day. Todd Johnson has been trying to buy one for nearly a year and they keep going on backorder

Roasting Beans is less than 50% of the cost of roasted beans so there is an ROI but with the demise of the iRoast it is longer. I have a semi automatic Jura that I use daily for processing roasted beans to coffee and with the new roaster I am a happy camper 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky