While the wife's away,

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 4, 2012
Bend Oregon
What should I smoke??? Wife is leaving on a girls trip this weekend which gives me three days to smoke! I wonder what I should do.

Anything you Love but your Lady is not crazy about? I get to eat anything HOT and Spicy when it's only me I am cooking for...JJ

Anything you Love but your Lady is not crazy about? I get to eat anything HOT and Spicy when it's only me I am cooking for...JJ
As of late she's been on an anti smoked food campaign. That darn article on smoked food causes cancer has her spooked! So right now it's anything goes. As for the HOT and spicy, she eats hotter food than I do!

I'm thinking something different, just don't know what yet. Not sure I want to tie up my time making sausages, but I do have that batch of Kraut that's about ready. I do need to make some jerky, so maybe a batch of Thai pork loin jerky.

My wife is gone for the weekend too. She eats way too healthy. I'm thinking a fatty on Saturday and get some bacon started in a dry brine..put it in the basement frig and she won't see it till it's done cureing

I have a top secret recipe in mind for Sunday, may have to start it on Saturday, we'll see!

grilling_smilie.gif

That would be easy for me---Mrs Bear won't eat any kind of Fish or Seafood !!!

Sounds like all you gotta do is smoke something real good, Case !! 
icon14.gif

Bear

Mrs. Red doesn't care for spicy buffalo wings, so I'll usually smoke up a big ol' batch of Scarbelly wings whenever she's out of town...one of my favorites, and I don't get 'em very often.

Red

Mrs. Red doesn't care for spicy buffalo wings, so I'll usually smoke up a big ol' batch of Scarbelly wings whenever she's out of town...one of my favorites, and I don't get 'em very often.

Red
A batch of wings usually ends up on the menu when the wife is away! We shall see!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky