• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

While the wife's away,

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 4, 2012
What should I smoke??? Wife is leaving on a girls trip this weekend which gives me three days to smoke! I wonder what I should do.

chef jimmyj

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined May 12, 2011
Anything you Love but your Lady is not crazy about? I get to eat anything HOT and Spicy when it's only me I am cooking for...JJ

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 4, 2012

Anything you Love but your Lady is not crazy about? I get to eat anything HOT and Spicy when it's only me I am cooking for...JJ
As of late she's been on an anti smoked food campaign. That darn article on smoked food causes cancer has her spooked! So right now it's anything goes. As for the HOT and spicy, she eats hotter food than I do!

I'm thinking something different, just don't know what yet. Not sure I want to tie up my time making sausages, but I do have that batch of Kraut that's about ready. I do need to make some jerky, so maybe a batch of Thai pork loin jerky.

gearjammer

Master of the Pit
Joined Apr 6, 2015
And some wings, just help you meditate

on what you really want to smoke.

Ed

bbqbrett

Master of the Pit
Joined Jan 17, 2013
So many choices and only a few days. Smoke some T-bones and finish them off with a reverse sear! Good stuff!

wild west

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Apr 25, 2016
My wife is gone for the weekend too. She eats way too healthy. I'm thinking a fatty on Saturday and get some bacon started in a dry brine..put it in the basement frig and she won't see it till it's done cureing

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
I'm thinking a fattie too!

Maybe some ABT's!

And plenty of beer to wash them down!

Al

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 4, 2012
I have a top secret recipe in mind for Sunday, may have to start it on Saturday, we'll see!

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
That would be easy for me---Mrs Bear won't eat any kind of Fish or Seafood !!!

Sounds like all you gotta do is smoke something real good, Case !! 

Bear

seenred

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Feb 9, 2009
Mrs. Red doesn't care for spicy buffalo wings, so I'll usually smoke up a big ol' batch of Scarbelly wings whenever she's out of town...one of my favorites, and I don't get 'em very often.

Red

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 4, 2012

Mrs. Red doesn't care for spicy buffalo wings, so I'll usually smoke up a big ol' batch of Scarbelly wings whenever she's out of town...one of my favorites, and I don't get 'em very often.

Red
A batch of wings usually ends up on the menu when the wife is away! We shall see!

bdskelly

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 3, 2013
The suspense is killing me.  Whats it gonna be bro? b

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.