Which jerky slicer ??

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I would look at which one is the eastest to clean, and user friendly ......
They are equal.. the onlky real differance is cabelas can do bigger hunks of meat and makes 3/8 thick vs the other 1/4

Cabelas does 1 1/2 inch by up to 7 inch the other does 1 inch wide by 4 1/2

Use a meat slicer with half frozen hunks of meat that you prepare for slicing. It's easy with just a $69 slicer.
IMG_20180326_233019.jpg
IMG_20180118_210121_BURST001_COVER.jpg

Reactions: daricksta
Don't fall for the high priced junk you don't need ..
I barrowed a slicer from the father inlaw and man it sucked .. left huge meat tails and half the time it kinda riooed off and jammed lol thats why i was considering aomething else

I barrowed a slicer from the father inlaw and man it sucked .. left huge meat tails and half the time it kinda riooed off and jammed lol thats why i was considering aomething else

Id rather use a slicer cause them i can change the thickness

Oh.. I freeze my meat hunks until they are half solid.. then they go right through the blade.. very smooth. It has to be frozen for 3 hours or so.. works good.

I kept thinking i did something wrong but maybe the slicer just sucks ! I put the meat in the freezer for a couple hours

Oh.. I freeze my meat hunks until they are half solid.. then they go right through the blade.. very smooth. It has to be frozen for 3 hours or so.. works good.
How long does it take for 10 pounds?

20180413_145456.jpg
I ended up buying both of these . The jerky slicer is very fast . I did 10 pounds in 1 minute

Reactions: flipman77
RMN, Sorry I just saw your post as I would recommend the cabelas slicer, I see you have it ! Mine is 3-4 years old and I love it, easier to clean then a food slicer ! The food slicer obviously can do more though.Looks like you have your bases covered now. :)

Never heard of a jerky slicer bought I have a nice meat slicer! LOL. Anyway I bought it on amazon. Here is the link:

I completely disagree with the don't buy an expensive slicer. I had a cheaper one and when you do a bunch of alicing at one time you better set aside about 5 hours because it will over heat in like 10 minutes and need 30 to cool off. Slicing bacon and fatty meat needs to be cold partially frozen so the fat doesn't make a huge mess.

On that note, I always just bought my meat sliced. I wasn't charged any more for it, so ask the butcher first. I would get 20 lbs sliced every week. did this for months.

Not sure if the link worked. search this. Best Choice Products New 10" Blade Commercial Deli Meat Cheese Food Slicer Premium Quality

That is a Hobart Automatic slicer, my dad had one in his store to slice up dried beef paper-thin, about a $5,000 machine brand new.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky