Which charcoal brand do you use?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bobby Strange

Fire Starter
Original poster
Dec 30, 2019
I have recently bought a Nomad grill/smoker and I typically play around with pellet grills and now I’m slowly getting into the charcoal game…just wondering what everyone’s favorite charcoal brand is…I’d like to experiment a little.

Kingsford Blue Bag here. Used to buy it cheap but no sales lately. Burns very consistent. Kingsford Pro is good also just burns a little hotter. I definitely want to try some Royal Oak.

Kingsford Pro/Comp for me.
I get it from costco, they sell two jumbo bags for under $20, but it's not around all the time.

Attachments

• DSC00515.JPG
    DSC00515.JPG
    94.1 KB · Views: 36
I agree with Warren, been using the Wal Mart Expert Grill Briquettes and Lump. I've been told several times it is made by RO. Either way can't beat the price, and it's almost always in stock.

Royal Oak briqs, which are near flawless stamps, or one of their "seconds" store brands (Embers, Expert Grill, Safeway, and Winco. I'm sure there are others, but I don't know them). The seconds burn exactly like the good stamps but are a little misshapen or cracked.

When I want lump, I use Royal Oak or Lazzari. B&B is great but too pricy for my preference.

Kingsford anything will never heat my grill or smoker again.

Reactions: motocrash
MJB05615 Thanks for the like I appreciated it.

Seconds works for I mean even ask my second wife, :emoji_wink: :emoji_laughing: (40 years now)

Warren
Thank you for the like as well Warren. Seconds also works for me, although I'm still on my First Wife, 36 years. But food wise I'm very partial to having seconds at most meals, lol.

Basically what's every available in todays world or what on sale.

Chris

B & B Competition Oak Charcoal briquettes. I have to order them ship to store from Ace Hardware.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky