Which A-MAZE-N product is right for me?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

endo129

Fire Starter
Original poster
Dec 13, 2015
Hi all,

I'm hoping someone can help point me in the right direction. I have a Smoke Vault 24" in NE Ohio. I have no issue maintaining temps or creating smoke. The issues I have are the need to add more chunks every 30-45 minutes which produces more dirty smoke for 10 minutes until it thins out. I've started prewarming my chunks on top of the SV and that helps get them to thin and blue faster.

I'm interested in getting clean smoke for longer. I want to turn it on and let it go for hours. Maybe sleep and smoke over night and have pulled pork for lunch. I'm wondering which product makes the most sense for me. I typically smoke butts and ribs. Which product will work well on a SV? I would like to still use chips if possible; but maybe that's not a thing I can do. Would I just set this in the chip tray and use the heat from the flame or light pellets and place on a rack?

Thanks in advance!

Well, the Smoke Vault is gas fired and flame consumes smoke... You will have to introduce the smoke well above the flame...
The "Tube" works the best in a gas fired smoker... Pellets will have to be your fuel of choice...
I would get the longest tube so you can get a long smoke time... you can always partially fill it to reduce the length of time smoke is added....

You will have to add a second pellet mix if you burn cherry pellets... they don't like to burn alone...
Maybe someone can elaborate on burning cherry pellets....

They have an Amazin' assortment of flavor woods...

I buy in bulk and make my order meet the "FREE SHIPPING" amount...
When I smoke 20#'s of meat or so, the cost of pellets adds about 10 cents per pound of meat making it a no brainer..... They have several sales a year and I wait for the sales....

I am in Sandusky... Dave is right on with his recommendation with the tube BUT I am going to brutally honest, get an MES. I went from a gasser to MES and so much happier! Temps needed lots of attention with my gasser. MES is set and forget with AMNPS. Overnight smokes is cake. Insulated cabinet works way better for winter smokes. Check out Facebook marketplace etc and you should be able to score one cheap.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky