Where's all the SMF Bikers at?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Well no one said what kind if bike. I hate to say a have over 1500.00 in that pedal bike.
My first bike was a 1967 Honda 150cc that I paid $300. for. I just saw the same bike on one of those antique restoration shows and the thing sold for $5,000. My Favorite bike was a 441cc Victor Special. It was a b*tch to start, but when running properly the thing would climb trees.

My baby is at the heated  storage Fast a sleep with a battery tender keepin her up to par ,Ya never know when It'll be 50 deg or better in Michigan ,just to jump on fer a couple hr winter ride ,dont ya know...best smokin wishes to you all....

Well no one said what kind if bike. I hate to say a have over 1500.00 in that pedal bike.
My first bike was a 1967 Honda 150cc that I paid $300. for. I just saw the same bike on one of those antique restoration shows and the thing sold for $5,000. My Favorite bike was a 441cc Victor Special. It was a b*tch to start, but when running properly the thing would climb trees.
I know thats right I still have a purple ankle from that darn thing...had one too

I've been riding ever since I was little. I started on one of these,
upgraded to a 1972 Honda SL70 that looked just like this one,
and my last bike was one of these. A 72 Suzuki 125 Enduro that was yellow. ...

I have kids now, so I don't have the time or money to keep riding, but my next dream purchase is a Road King Classic...

77 FLH that I've had since 2/87. Been to 29 states and 4 provinces of Canada on it. Still got it... Life member HOG

05 Royal Star - most comfortable mid distance cruiser I've been on (had a 91 FLHTC that I put 65000 mi on too)

1st bike - 75 Honda 550F

Been riding since 77....

hrlyridr77

I realize I will probably get flamed for this (Japanese bike) but oh well - I can take it 
smile.gif
   I ride a Yamaha R1. I did some mods to it as well as having it sprayed with chameleon paint. It satisfies my need for excitement quite nicely. I also have a Kawasaki KX 500 dirt bike for off road use - it is a beast too 
super.gif

Ok I'm ready - let it fly 
th_violent5.gif
Don't apologize for riding a Rice Rocket. Hey, you're riding!  I have one, too. A 1990 ZX6 Ninja.  I rebuilt the motor last winter and painted the wheels, frame, and engine.  New tires, sprockets and chain.  3500 miles behind me this past summer.  It looks and ride like new.  I will always have a sportbike, even if I get a touring bike someday.  I love the sportbikes.......the acceleration and handling are such a kick in the ass.  I will never get sick of that.  It takes just as much skill and brains, OR MORE, to handle a non-tank like sportbike.  A comment was made about "walking before you run". Dude........you're running!  Don't let these other guy's make you feel inferior because you don't have a H-D.  Besides, H-Ds are like belly buttons. Everybody's got one.(Ooh, that is going to piss some people off)
icon_evil.gif

Harleys have changed a lot over the years. When I first started to ride (mid 60's)  the Harley was known for an oil puddle when it stopped and the large magnet riders had to drag behind them to catch all the pieces that fell off the while moving. In the 70's they took a close look at  Japanese manufacturing and machining techniques. I forget if that was before they went bankrupt. My Sporter has AMF written  on the gas tank. Today they made a world class machine all be it too expensive. The best bikes from the past were. the Norton Commando, BSA Victor Special, Harley 250cc 4stroke single, and the Honda 305 Super Hawk.

2011 streetglide. love the bikke. Over 32 thousand miles now . only real modifiction is I welded in a Thunder header exhaust that was creamic coated and a K&N air filter before dyno tune

1990 ZX-6 Ninja.  I originally bought this in the summer of 1990 with 500 miles on it. A total of 45000 mile currently. I replaced the cam chain this past winter, which means engine removal.  Well, the engine removal turned into a semi-major overhaul.  Striped it right down to the frame.  Repainted the frame, wheels and engine.  The body panels are factory originals. New tires.  Also, new sprockets and chain.  It is re-geared with larger rear sprocket buy 3 teeth.  Nice and peppy.  It looks a little chubby compared to more modern sport bikes, but it looks nowhere near 22 years old.  I have owned this bike longer than both my marriages put together!

Here are some pics:

Before repaint.

After repaint:

Last edited:
I suffer from MBD (Multiple Bike Disorder).  Currently, I have only two bikes in the garage.  A 2001 Kawasaki Voyager 1200 and a 1999 Honda CB250 Nighthawk (pictured here with a sold 2006 Vespa GTS 250).

Two favorites I wish I had back are:

A 1992 Honda CB750 Nighthawk the wife made me sell for the Voyager.

And a 1991 Kawasaki 550 Zephyr muscle bike.  I sold it because I had a son turning 16 that drooled every time he walked past it and I couldn't keep from twisting the throttle (I would have eventually become a statistic).

An extra pic of my 250 Nighthawk.  I do a lot of intrastate touring on this little bike.  I really love it!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky