• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Where to buy meat?

SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

robhatch

Fire Starter
Dec 30, 2012
I was wondering where te best place to get meat is from? I would think the best place would be a meat market or farmers market. Is the meat from a grocery store or a warehouse store like SAMs good? And lastly is the Brisket you get at Wal-Mart a good deal? Thanks for the help!

al truistic

Nov 5, 2012
I am not sure if it helps, but I have seen the truck from one of the big local BBQ restaurants around here picking up large quantities of meat from Costco.  I have always had good success with meat from the warehouse stores.

kathrynn

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Jun 13, 2012
Got some butts and some chuck roasts and Sams today.  Always get good meats at Costco too.  I belong to both Warehouse stores.

s2k9k

AMNPS Test Group
Sep 8, 2011
I think the meat from Krogers, Foodlion and Publix is really good and the Piggly Wiggly is kind of hit or miss(those are the only chains around here). I can't stand the beef from Walmart but the cryovac'ed brisket and pork is alright.

damon555

Smoking Fanatic
Jun 26, 2010
I get most of my stuff at Sams....gotta buy in bulk to keep things cost effective. The briskets from Wally World are just fine. My WSM turns them into pure deliciousness every time.

fishwrestler

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Apr 4, 2010
I buy from a local butcher when I need case quantity. If I only need one or two things i will buy at the best price I can find it at, Sam, Cash and Carry, Wal Mart. even Safeway sometimes. O have tried using High dollar meat, like organic, grass fed etc. but found with smoking it is just a waste of money. the whole idea of smoking ins to take a cheap, tough cut and made it melt in your mouth.  Enjoy and buy the cheapest meat you can get.

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Top Bottom
Clicky