When you're up at 1AM...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
Do some pickling!

IMG_0339.jpg

IP some eggs. All I had was 7. The instant pot is awesome for hard boiled eggs. Toss in a quart jar with fresh garlic and sliced onion.
50/50 water and vinegar with pickling spice, salt, dill seed, mustard seed, minced dried onion, and jalapeno powder. Didn't really measure. Brought that to a boil.
And added to the eggs and onions. Vac seal.

Cool. I having hard time trying to change my schedule. Getting up at 3am or sooner all week. I have to force myself to stay up late one day I guess.

I'll also say the InkBird vacuum sealer is perfect for these little jobs. If you need a sealer. I would see if Miya is still offering the deal on them.

Those sound really good Steve. I've done a bunch of pickled eggs using your spicy brine you posted a couple years ago and absolutely love them!! Grew up eating pickled eggs and had not had any for years till I read your brine recipe and just knew I had to get some going...and boy am I glad I did!! Nice job sir.

Robert

Those sound really good Steve. I've done a bunch of pickled eggs using your spicy brine you posted a couple years ago and absolutely love them!! Grew up eating pickled eggs and had not had any for years till I read your brine recipe and just knew I had to get some going...and boy am I glad I did!! Nice job sir.

Robert

Thanks Robert! I'm really hoping to grow some cayenne peppers this year so I can make more of the brine.

Looks good Steve! A nice early morning project that doesn't involve going outside. RAY

Looks very interesting, never had pickled eggs yet, may have to try.

I agree with all your statements above. Instapot makes the best hard boiled eggs (easy to peel), Inkbird vac sealer is awesome and works great with the food saver jar sealer tops. I have some pickles that are just over a week old, I need to try them today...again thanks for your advice in my food saver jar sealer thread a couple weeks ago - Cliff

Looks very interesting, never had pickled eggs yet, may have to try.

I agree with all your statements above. Instapot makes the best hard boiled eggs (easy to peel), Inkbird vac sealer is awesome and works great with the food saver jar sealer tops. I have some pickles that are just over a week old, I need to try them today...again thanks for your advice in my food saver jar sealer thread a couple weeks ago - Cliff

Thanks! And let me know how the pickles came out.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky