What's your occupation?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Some of those HP servers are beasts!! if this is just a typical n-tier, with a LB > web servers > app server > db server with the web servers serving the static images and such, I would expect the db or the app server to take the majority of the load. Depending upon how the scripts were written (what test tool? We use Load Runner almost exclusively except for soa testing), you may have had a huge caching advantage and weren't exercising the system properly. I've saturated t1's with 1k users, depending on what was being served. What was your throughput numbers? Hits/second? Also, how were you load balancing? If you were sticky via IP and you were only coming from 1 or two injector machines, you may not have balanced correctly. To be fair, there are a ton of variables involved here, and I'm not certain this is the forum for it.

However, you've certainly peaked my curiosity (I am a geek :) ) so PM me and I'll be glad to help if I can.

KE

I have worked in the oil/gas industry for 35 years. 30 years as an electric wireline spe******t. We run downhole tools in oil and gas wells to do remedial work on same. At this time I am on a 28/28 day rotation in Angola Africa. I do love my 28 days off.

PLEASE tell me you get to take your big bores when you go. I've always dreamed of a 2 or 3 week hunt in Africa.

Been doing something in the IT industry for almost 27 years. Programmer, SysAdmin, DBA, Network Engineer, Project Mgr you name it... Now called a Senior Systems Engineer (meaning does what ever is needed) serving 3 of the worlds largest airlines (last 11 years). Spend way too much time on the road! If AA, UA or US Air flys there, I've been there done that so to speak... On the plus side, my kids have had the opportunity to visit more countries and see more things than most adults will in their lifetime!

Interesting to hear about what everybody else does!

James.

I'm an in-house attorney for a telecom equipment manufacturer.

Before law school, I spent a few years in marketing for a business forms manufacturer--but that was a million years ago.

I also do some freelance writing. I've made exactly $120 over 8 years doing that. Better to stick with the telecom thing, eh?

I grew up pouring concrete and building houses.... worked for a plastics company for a while.... drove a truck for a while, did some time with the NAVY.... AE on EA6B jets..... was on the Truman CVN 75.... and ended up with one of the best jobs in the world.... A contractor... testing military vehicles and weapon systems.... we put systems through really tough tests and make sure they work properly and are safe before they are fielded to the troops.... super fun!!! heres a vid of one of the tests :

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...arch&plindex=0

The last 19 years I have worked at Cessna aircraft in Wichita as leadman in the electrical/avionics test section, great place to work and I have an awesome crew!

Stars: I do not think there is an animal left in Angola that has not been eaten by the locals. Pretty sad over here, the government gets ALL of the money and the people get sh&%t.

gsg: Those W/L spools can take fingers and toes off if you are not careful. I work for the big red H. The company everyone loves to hate. But it makes my living. And I only work half the year. Did I say I love my time off.
icon_smile.gif

I am a warehouseman for the largest and oldest family owned pasta company in the USA, we supply about 40% of Pasta served in Resturants and packaged dinners ( you know, Hamburger Helper ).

I Load and unload the big trucks. Was an OTR Driver for 10 years, and would like to drive again, just need to get my children grown first!

Reactions: hd7766
Amature gynocologist.

But in real life, I am a printed circuit board designer. A what you ask? Well, for those of you who don't know what a printed circuit board is, open up your TV, cell phone, computer, just about anything electronic... theres a pc board or two in there to make it go. I've been doing this for WAY longer than I'd like to admit, and I'm looking forward to retiring into my BBQ catering biz.

Great thread sisco!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Reactions: grillard
I've worked in the HVACR business (2 different companies) for the past 25 years. Started with control panel wiring, then to line electrician, then to final stage test technician, then to Quality Assurance Technician and teacher. Company sold and moved to Rhode Island and Virginia. I retired.

I've been a pastor for the last 4 years. Before the 5 years at seminary I was a math teacher for 13 years, and before that I worked state hiway maintenance.

hmmm...... well....... I'll have to ask my boss about this one.

He usually says Jeremy, Problem fix it. or Jeremy here install it.

I do all the IT support Workstations,routers,switches,Cabling,Servers and most importantly the SMFing!

Operations Manager for a major corporation..........how is that for vague......basically I sit in an office all day on conference calls and emails, with the occasional stop to make sure my direct reports aren't just goofing around on a forum or something. LOL

I am an assistant plant manager for a major canner of sweet potatoes, green beans, carrots, greens and dry beans. The only downside to this occupation is there is not enough time to do as much smoking as I would like to do.....WORKING TOO MANY HOURS!!! Hours I should be smoking.

I.T. manager. I enjoy cooking, video editing (mainly of the grandkids), and would like to get more into photography.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky