What's your favorite ABT stuffing???

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Did a bunch last week. Half with cream cheese and the other with a 4 cheese pizza mix. Both wrapped in bacon. Liked the cheese ones the best.

we have several that we like at our home..the kids love peanutbutter stuffed ABT's
imitation crab cracked black pepper cream cheese.1/4 slice of bacon over top.
real crab cracked pepper cream cheese cilantro.1/4 slice bacon over top(while try the chedder on top soon)
chorizo cooked with onion cilantro and cream cheese 1/4 slice bacon over top. they are done in 30 to 45 minutes depending on how hot you want them 45 minutes takes most the heat out of them. and they are still kinda crunchy which I like.(soggy ones chupa) and we run the cooking temp a little higher to get the bacon crisp.
oh yea a good idea is to grind salt and pepper into them before filling if liked.
and if ya really want to take the paint off the walls chopped garlic stuffed japs and put a hab cap on top. they look cool.

I also use turkey/chicken skewers instead of toothpicks. they have kool S/S ones I just use my wire cutters to shorten them.and when done just clip em on a small caribiner and put in the sink for the wife and kids to clean..

I tried some seafood mix last night from Wal-Mart & it was amazing!!!! It was called U-Stuff-It. It is a mixture of real crab, shrimp, & lobster. Stuffed that in there with some pepperjack cheese & wrapped in bacon.

WOW!!!!

Cinnamon, I cut mine in half then mix cream cheese and shredded cheddar together for the stuffing. After I have them stuffed I take a little smokie cocktail weiner and put on top of the stuffing, then wrap in bacon. I usually precook the bacon a little bit just to make sure it is done before the peppers get soft. Travis

One of my favorites...cream cheese, chopped cooked shrimp or crab meat, minced onion, and garlic, wrapped in bacon.
I also like to cut mine down the middle...make two "boats."
biggrin.gif

There are some really good ideas here on the forum...I hope to try them all someday.

These all sound good. Think I might do a sampler and see what tickles everyone's fancy. Like the sound of the seafood mix...not so sure about peanut butter.

Although my favorite sammy is peanut butter and mayonaise, so maybe...

I also think I'll cut in half since I don't have a chili rack yet.

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I appreciate it!

Ok...I admit...I like to experiment and sometimes I can get wierdly creative. A couple things I've tried...and liked...diced gyro meat with crumbled feta cheese;...cappicola with crumbled gorganzola;...smoked breakfast sausage from a fatty with sharp cheddar;...chopped crab and shrimp seafood mixed with a little ranch dressing...I even wrapped a piece of plain old bologna around a piece of string cheese and stuffed it inside of a milder banana pepper for my daughter and she thought that was pretty cool.

Just a few ideas for you...the possibilities are endless...

Cheers,
Brian

The two main ABT for me are cream cheese crab or shrimp minced green onion fresh cracked black pepper with chopped bacon. I perfer the rack over the boats. Simple but edible
biggrin.gif

The next time I make them gonna try smoked salmon. Yeah I know, it sounds good huh.

Peanut Butter huh??? Not sure about that one. Love the creativity though.

Any way, my family has two favorites.
1. brown sugar, cream cheese, sharp cheddar all mixed together.
2. JD regular sausage, cream cheese, pepper jack cheese all mixed together.
Obviously, #1 is for people who like things a bit milder and #2 is for people who like things a bit wilder. (I have been known to leave in a few jalapeño seeds for #2)

Bacon on top of both and we prefer the boats.

Make sure the cream cheese is room temp when mixing. I use the reduced fat cream cheese. Trust me you can NOT tell the difference. I did a blind taste test once without anyone even knowing it. Not one single person (feed 10 people that night) said anything about it. Then, after all the ABT's were gone, I told them. I had to dig the box out of the trash to prove it. I think there is enough flavors going on that it just works. Why add fat when you don't need to?

P.S. I did use left over smoked salmon once. It was pretty good but we like the two ways mentioned above better. Maybe you like fish better than we do?

Anyone ever try capping the top of the filled ABT with a mini-portabello mushroom brushed bacon fat?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky