What's your favorite ABT stuffing???

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Is this what you were looking for?

Shrimp Jalapenos
1 shrimp for every pepper you're fixin' (20-30 count size)
Cream cheese
Shake some Tony's on the peeled shrimp and stuff them head first into the jalapenos. Fill up the gap at the top of the jalapeno with cream cheese. Bacon on the top of this one is mandatory. Poke a hole in the bottom of the jalapeno with a toothpick so it can drain as it cooks.
Old Stand By
1 lb. brick of Cream Cheese
1 lb. breakfast sausage
Fry up the sausage, drain good, and while it's still hot, mix in the cream cheese.
Put in a pastry sack or old sock with a hole in the bottom and squeeze it into the jalapenos.
(Just kidding about the sock)
Super Easy
Coupla links of Boudin
Remove the casing from the boudin, slice in quarters lengthwise, and stuff in the jalapenos.
If it gets easier than this, someone else is making them.
You did What?!?
1 package of Cornbread mix
1/2 cup milk
1 egg
Some Super Sharp Cheddar Cheese
Mix up the cornbread and fill the jalapenos half full. Put a long square (1/4" sq. by 1 1/2" long) of cheese in the middle. A little salsa in the cornbread mix while you're making it is kinda good too.
Breakfast Jalapenos
2 eggs
Whip up the eggs and fill the jalapenos up, or half way and put in some cheese or sausage.
Pizza Peppers
Pepperoni
Mozzarella Cheese
Tomatoes or tomato sauce
Italian seasoning
Sprinkle a little Italian seasoning in the jalapenos and fill with the ingredients any way you can get them in there. Careful, these will be kinda gushy when they're done. You can always stick a hole in the bottom of the jalapenos with a toothpick to let them drain.

Here is more..

Peanut Butter Peppers
(I didn't like these, but others did) my boy loves em..

Peanut Butter
Put the peanut butter in the jalapenos.
Meat Jalapenos
Put your choice of raw meat in the jalapeno. Be sure and poke a hole in the bottom of the jalapeno to let it drain while it cooks.
Hill Country Stuffed Jalapeno
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup minced shrimp or crab
1/2 teaspoon Mrs. Dash Herb and Garlic seasoning
1 egg beaten well
bacon
Mix all ingredients together and stuff in Pepper. Place 1/3 piece of bacon on top and secure with a tooth pick and grill
[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I have also used well ground sausage instead of shrimp.[/font]
Jacque M. Gerth

Itialian Peppers
4 Italian sausages cooked on the grill
1/2 of a onion
1/2 cup of Italian bread crumbs
Italian seasoning
4 TBS of cheese and salsa mix or Velveeta cheese

Shred 4 sausages on a cheese grater into a bowl.
Shred 1/2 onion.
Ad bread Crumbs
Ad seasoning
Ad Cheese to mixture so becomes paste like
Stuff in Peppers
Top with bacon

Sent in By Grillin Chillin
www.grillinchillin.com

Wisconsin Peppers
(From Jay in Wisconsin)

4 to 5 large cloves garlic minced very fine
1 large vidalia onion minced
8 ounces queso blanco shredded
8 ounces queso fresco shredded
8 ounces cream cheese softened
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
About 30 jalapeno peppers prepped for stuffing
1 pound thin sliced honey cured bacon strips cut in half
Mix the garlic, onion, cheeses, salt and pepper. Stuff into peppers, wrap the tops of the peppers with the bacon strips and secure with a toothpick. Bake peppers until cheese is browned and bubbly and bacon is crisp.

DeeBee's Imperial Stuffed Jalapeños
1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
2 TB butter
8 ounces cooked salmon, cod, crab or tuna. (or your favorite cooked fish), flaked
1/3 - 1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 TB breadcrumbs
1 tsp. dry mustard
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 egg
1 tsp. Old Bay seasoning
1/4 tsp. baking powder

Poke a small hole in the bottom of each jalapeño. SautÃ[emoji]169[/emoji] green pepper and onion in butter until soft. Add all other ingredients and stuff peppers. (I use a Zip Lock-style bag and cut the corner off of it and 'pipe' the filling into the pepper). I have a 4-burner gas grill and set the Chile Grill on a two burner side that is set on Low and I turn up the other 2 burner side on med {closet to the peppers) and High (the side farthest from the peppers). It takes about 25 minutes to get the jalapeños cooked to perfection.
DeeBee's Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Jalapeños

1 can (about 10-12 oz.) of cooked chicken, drained well and finely flaked (found near the tuna fish in your supermarket)
6 ounces cream cheese
1/4 cup Louisiana hot sauce
1/4 cup bottled ranch dressing (or bleu cheese dressing)
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
TOPPING: 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (optional)

Poke a small hole in the bottom of each jalapeño. (If you are used to seasoning the inside of your peppers with salt or Creole seasoning... don't do it in this recipe) Cream the cream cheese, hot sauce and dressing. Add the chicken and cheese and mix well. Pipe into peppers and grill. If desired, just before taking off of grill... top with a little sprinkle of shredded cheddar cheese... and let melt.

DeeBee's Artichoke-Garlic Stuffed Jalapeños
1/2-cup Cheddar Cheese, grated
1/2- cup Mozzarella cheese, grated
2 TB. grated Parmesan cheese (or Romano cheese)
1/2-cup mayonnaise
2 TB. minced onion
2 oz. cream cheese
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 cloves garlic, minced Dash of cayenne pepper
1 (6-oz. jar) marinated artichokes, drained and finely chopped

Poke a small hole in the bottom of each jalapeño. Mix all ingredients. Pipe into peppers and grill until done.

DeeBee's Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Jalapeños

3 TB. Butter
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
2 TB. water
1 TB. flour
1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry. (I use a potato ricer to get all the water out of the drained spinach.. but you can use paper towels,too)
4 ounces Cheez Whiz cheese product (or Velveeta)
1 jumbo egg, beaten

Poke a small hole in bottom of each pepper. SautÃ[emoji]169[/emoji] butter and onion in pan until soft. Add water and flour and mix. Add spinach and cheese and stir until cheese is melted. Add a little of the spinach-cheese mixture to the scrambled egg to temper it so egg won't cook when added to mixture. Stir well. Now add egg to the pan and stir quickly until all is blended. Pipe into jalapeños leaving a little space at top of pepper for this soufflÃ[emoji]169[/emoji]-type mixture to expand a little...and grill until done. NOTE: Frozen chopped broccoli can be substituted for the spinach but you might have to give an extra chop to it to get it to fit easily into the peppers.

DRAGON FINGERS

24 Jalapenos (fresh)
1 lb Owens sausage (regular)
3T Worcestershire Sauce
1 egg
¼ C finely shredded cheese (I usually add a little extra)
¼ C canned seasoned bread crumbs (I use Old London) I add a little more to take out some of the grease from the sausage.

Clean out the jalapenos. Mix all other ingredients together, stuff peppers, (poke a hole in the bottom of the pepper for the grease to drain), and grill or bake @ 350° for about 40 minutes.

Lorrie Tagg

Cajun Chicken Chile's

1 9.75 oz can of chunk chicken breast
4 oz Cream cheese
Cajun seasoning
12 Jalapenos

Finely shredded Colby & Monterey Jack Cheese.
Mix first three ingredients together in a bowl and stuff in pepper's.
Sprinkle Colby & Monterey Jack on top.
Place 1/3 strip of bacon on top, secure with a toothpick and grill!

Pineapple Popper's

Chicken breast
Canned pineapple
Mozzarella cheese

Slice up some chicken breast and put in bottom of pepper so grease will drain out hole. Slice some pineapple chunks and poke down next to chicken. Fill up remainder of pepper with shredded mozzarella. After putting bacon on top, sprinkle more mozzarella on bacon for added taste. Enjoy!

i guess i'm just way out of the loop here. what are ABT's?? and how do i make them? just from reading what you guys are putting together it sounds great, if anyone has a good solid recipe and method of cooking please share i would love to try it.

Shrimp, garlic, green onion, and cream cheese is my favorite so far.

Anyone tried ham and swiss yet?

Thanks coop, I will try to find that, those sound great.

Coyote, you thought of making an ABT cookbook? I just emailed those all home to myself so I wouldn't forget to save those and put into my personal cookbook. I save all my favorite recipes in a 3 ring binder. Thanks!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky