Whats your favorit scotch, rye, whisky or burbon.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Tomintoul single malt scotch or Johnny Walker black. My son had me try Crown Royal (think it was XR) recently that was pretty awesome. life is good when you are sipping on one of these in front of a roaring fire when it's cold outside.

biggrin.gif

LOL scotch have never mixed well with me, my wife is making Fireball Jello Cup Cakes tonight

Fireball Jello Shot Cupcakes
Yield: 30 jello shots
Ingredients:
for the fireball jello shots:

1-1/3 cup ginger ale...
2 envelopes plain gelatin
2/3 cup Fireball whisky
Few drops red food coloring

for the fireball buttercream:

1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 tbsp Fireball whisky
1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
Pinch of salt

Directions:
for the fireball jello shots:

Lightly spray mold with non-stick spray and wipe excess off with a paper towel.

Pour the ginger ale into a medium saucepan and sprinkle the gelatin on top. Allow the gelatin to soak for 2-3 minutes, then begin to heat on low, stirring constantly until gelatin is fully dissolved (about 5 minutes).

Remove saucepan from heat and stir in the whisky and a few drops of red food coloring. Pour into molds and chill for several hours, or until set.

for the fireball buttercream:

In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes. Reduce the speed and add the whisky, powdered sugar, and salt. Increase the speed back to medium-high and mix until creamy and smooth. Transfer frosting to a piping bag and decorate each jello shot with a swirl, adding sprinkles if desired. Store jello shots in the fridge until ready to serve.

Buttercream recipe adapted from The Dollop Book of FrostingSee More
LOL and here I thought I was creative with putting it with Hard Apple Cider for Summer drinks and the best for Winter time, add a shot to Evan Williams Egg Nog. I never did drink Egg Nog. I do now

Bookers 128 proof bourbon. I've had it; expensive, and a little hot for my tastes. But no doubts about the quality.

Crown Royal is my go to whiskey....

But, my dad makes some KILLER whiskey and it's perfectly legal...

He has access to white oak barrels that are 4.6 gallons in size and are pre-burned on the inside.  A friend of his owns a winery and they age wine in the barrels.\

So, the old man gets one of these barrels about once a month and does the following:

2 gallons of everclear

2 gallons of water

pour into barrel

insert bung

roll around and shake a lot

Store in a cool place for at least 2 years and rotate 180 degrees each month

GOOD STUFF!!!  As of last weekend he had 11 barrels in the barn aging...  I asked if he could leave them to me in the will!

Charlie
That sounds awesome! Can he reuse the barrels a few times? Don't suppose i could get my hands on a couple of those barrels? :)

Bourbon - Buffalo Trace (unfortunately I can't find it around by me anymore) and Bookers

Rye - Bulleit Rye

Scotch - Balvenie Carribean Cask

I'm an old #7 and ice kind of guy. Jack on the rocks, I've never had an issue getting it at any bar, all around the world. 
icon14.gif

Bourbon- Knob creek, and as of lately Angels Envy (aged in rum barrels, a bit sweet and "vanilla-y")

Scotch- McCallan 18 may be the my favorite, but the Lagavulin is also good for a different taste. To me it = liquid campfire

Whiskey- Crown

Parties with my family have always been a war between Jack and Crown (ironically it's the only kind of war where both sides always win!). My brother is a big crown fan and I am and JD single barrell guy, but in the end we drink whichever the other is pouring; no complaints allowed!

Lately we have also been enjoying the Angels Envy and the new Crown Royal XO (not to be confused with the XR). The angels envy burns a bit on the way down, but the flavors imparted from being aged up to 6 years in charred white oak barrels and finished in ruby port wine casks is awesome. The Crown XO is a smoother, more shot-worthycrink than the original. It's worth the try if you can find it.

And I can't believe how good buffalo trace is for the price......

Favorite whiskey is Davy Crocketts Salted Caramel Tennessee Whiskey...A must try!

Another favorite is Sam Adams Utopia....if you haven't tried it find someone that has some!!

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky