Whats your favorit scotch, rye, whisky or burbon.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
My most recent one was a 15 years old Dalmore... Classic highland single malt, very smooth, very nice. I think I found myself a new favorite.

Before that I've tried the Dalwhinnie. Also a highand, but the Dalmore - much better!

Cheers,

Ed

I got a jar of moonshine for Christmas that stuff would bring a tear to a glass eye

I got a jar of moonshine for Christmas that stuff would bring a tear to a glass eye
Was in Tennessee years ago, training for a job. Ended up at one of the instructors ranch. Being sarcastic asked where the still was. Was told to hop in the back of his truck. Very interesting to see the entire setup and how it worked. I was a hard core drinker back then...but was not prepared for moonshine. Took a big gulp or two...poor Sonny had to carry my unconscious a** back to the truck. For the next three years Sonny seen to it that I got a case of mason jars of his best shine. Good times...

Hardly ever drink anymore. Have not had a whiskey that I didn't like.

Fun post.  I am a Whisky man.  Glenfiddich 15 is my favorite. Glenmorange Lasanta is nice.  I favor the Speysides Highlands. Islay is too darn smokey for me.  guess I am not man enough.

If you are into craft Whiskeys, try to find a bottle of Balcones that is made in Waco Texas.  Their Single Malt has won dozens of medals and their Blue corn Whiskey and Rumble are worth a try.

Who could go wrong with a glass of Bookers?

True story about learning scotch.  I was at the barber shop and picked up a Cigar and Whiskey magazine. There was an article on the top ten scotches in the world for 2013.  One of them happened to be "Cola Isla" which is obviously an Islay scotch.  I saw it in my store, thinking how cool I was.

Got home, opened it, took a smell and I swear to the good Lord, I thought they has bottled J-P 5.  It was they oiliest, smokies stuff I hope to ever smell.  It tasted a lot worse.  I tried it in my mower and my edger and all they wanted to do was go full speed.

I gave it away to a good friend.

You can have your ISLAYs.  LOL

I used to work on islay and was never a fan of that one. But plenty if good ones from there

Last edited:
[h1]Sorry, I misspelled the name.  Still taste bad :-)[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]History of Caol Ila Distillery[/h1][h3]For more than 100 years small steam-engined coasters known affectionately as 'puffers' brought cargoes of malting barley, coal and empty casks to Caol Ila Distillery, returning full whisky casks to the mainland through the Sound of Islay, the strait that separates Islay from Jura and which is know in the Gaelic language as Caol Ila.[/h3]

I got a bottle of bullitt for Christmas not the smoothest but still better than jack

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky