What's you favorite pulled pork leftover dish?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I like the looks of that omelette!! We've done enchiladas and nachos, but honestly my favorite is just more pulled pork sandwiches!

I don't know how it is possible to have a "favorite" left over pulled pork dish.  I love them all!  Stuffed and smoke-baked potatoes, red and green enchiladas, egg/potato/onion/green chili/queso fresco/flour tortilla wrapped breakfast burritos, chili, and just plain sandwiches or PP in a bowl. 

Boy, that looks out </expletive deleted> standing! (Thats two words for emphasis).

Me, I never call it leftovers cause everytime I smoke a butt it dissappears. But when I either throw two on the smoker or don't let anyone know I am smoking, its Tamales! I have used the pulled pork for many things like BBQ's pulled pork baked potatoes. But last year I tryed Tamales for the very first time and I am hooked. Yes, it takes some time....... but they freeze well and they are unbelieveably good. Besides not many folks around here eat them so they don't really know what they are missing, especially with the home made.

So my current vote is for Tamales! It will probably change again when I try something else new, its the glory of good pulled pork, versatility!

<whispers> The butt just went in the smoker!

Last edited:
All of the above, can't go wrong with pulled pork

Gary

Lamar, here is an old timers trick for pulled pork, brisket, etc. You have to get you a chunk of whatever you want to save put it in a freezer back, Hide it way back in the freezer and get it out when you are all alone. But you have to be quick.

Gary

Guess I ask the question wrong.  Should have said.......no one should have left over PP.  It usually  disappears at mealtime.

I like to make a pulled pork lasagne with cheddar, moz and ricotta cheese.
boy , there's a lot of good ideas in this post , but this right here is genius !   
first.gif
 MAN! does that sound good.

Guess I ask the question wrong.  Should have said.......no one should have left over PP.  It usually  disappears at mealtime.
I always cook around a 10 lb. butt and there is only the two of us that eat it. (Kids haven't caught on to good food yet) so I always have a bunch left.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky