What your favorite Thanksgiving Side Dish

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
Mine is home made creamed corn and somehow I lost my recipe. Probably on one of the old laptops but would have to turn on and come back tomorrow after that finish booting to look. Might be time to try a new recipe.

Au gratin potato pie or a Vidallia onion pie.
YHIWmfF.jpg
VlsxMKz.jpg

Mine is home made creamed corn and somehow I lost my recipe. Probably on one of the old laptops but would have to turn on and come back tomorrow after that finish booting to look. Might be time to try a new recipe.
Maybe MINE will jog your memory, it was inspired from the cream corn from Rudy's Country Store, when Doc was still alive and before the franchise.

Reactions: chef jimmyj
Wife's gma always made fabulous scalloped potatoes... took my wife a couple years of trying to get it exactly like gmas... me as taste tester, poor me! Then one day I said...that's it... those are gmas potatoes! Funny thing is one day my wife her mom and gma were together and talking about her recipe, my wife mentioned something about putting cheese whiz in them... gma says I don't put cheese whiz in my potatoes... in unison my wife and her mom says... well you do too!

Ryan

I had to struggle with my answer. I smoke or roast the bird over a big pan of seasoned and cubed potatoes, carrots, onions, and garlic. There's also about half a bottle of cheap white wine in the veggies. The dripping's go into the veggie pan. I pour them off and make the gravy. But man oh man, those roasted veggies are fantastic.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky