• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

What your favorite Thanksgiving Side Dish

Brian Trommater

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 1, 2018
Mine is home made creamed corn and somehow I lost my recipe. Probably on one of the old laptops but would have to turn on and come back tomorrow after that finish booting to look. Might be time to try a new recipe.

thirdeye

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Dec 1, 2019
Mine is home made creamed corn and somehow I lost my recipe. Probably on one of the old laptops but would have to turn on and come back tomorrow after that finish booting to look. Might be time to try a new recipe.
Maybe MINE will jog your memory, it was inspired from the cream corn from Rudy's Country Store, when Doc was still alive and before the franchise.

jcam222

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 13, 2017
Stuffing all my life was number one followed closely by deviled eggs.

Brokenhandle

Master of the Pit
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Nov 9, 2019
Wife's gma always made fabulous scalloped potatoes... took my wife a couple years of trying to get it exactly like gmas... me as taste tester, poor me! Then one day I said...that's it... those are gmas potatoes! Funny thing is one day my wife her mom and gma were together and talking about her recipe, my wife mentioned something about putting cheese whiz in them... gma says I don't put cheese whiz in my potatoes... in unison my wife and her mom says... well you do too!

Ryan

noboundaries

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 7, 2013
I had to struggle with my answer. I smoke or roast the bird over a big pan of seasoned and cubed potatoes, carrots, onions, and garlic. There's also about half a bottle of cheap white wine in the veggies. The dripping's go into the veggie pan. I pour them off and make the gravy. But man oh man, those roasted veggies are fantastic.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.