what type of wood is this

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cleanbbqdave

Fire Starter
Original poster
May 3, 2021
I had some guy drop wood off and he gave me what he said is apple wood but I dont know if it is.
It was yellow and when it sat in sun it turned reddish.
Anyone know if it is apple?

Attachments

• PHOTO-2021-05-31-11-21-18 (1).jpg
    PHOTO-2021-05-31-11-21-18 (1).jpg
    243 KB · Views: 33
  • PHOTO-2021-05-31-11-21-18.jpg
    PHOTO-2021-05-31-11-21-18.jpg
    267.4 KB · Views: 34
Apple typically doesn’t have grain that is that straight. Apple has lots of branched and knots. The yellow reminds me of locust or poplar. It also looks kinda like maybe some oak mixed in. I’d be surprised if it was apple.

Reactions: BC Buck
Apple typically doesn’t have grain that is that straight. Apple has lots of branched and knots. The yellow reminds me of locust or poplar. It also looks kinda like maybe some oak mixed in. I’d be surprised if it was apple.
picture might be misleading, its less than foot long.

do you have something you could get a piece smoldering a bit , the smoke smell may give you a hint. or maybe not but worth a shot.

I have seen quit a bit of oak trees that had bark resembling that bark picture. I have been in apple orchards a lot but never looked at their branches. Just the fruit lol

Went to my yard and took a pic of these. Probably doesn’t help lol
44664FDA-C19F-46AE-8DB7-BF4CA6977300.jpeg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky