• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

what type of wood is this

smokerjim

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 14, 2014
what i can see of the bark it's very possible apple,

smokin peachey

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Aug 1, 2016
Apple typically doesn’t have grain that is that straight. Apple has lots of branched and knots. The yellow reminds me of locust or poplar. It also looks kinda like maybe some oak mixed in. I’d be surprised if it was apple.

cleanbbqdave

Fire Starter
Joined May 3, 2021
Apple typically doesn’t have grain that is that straight. Apple has lots of branched and knots. The yellow reminds me of locust or poplar. It also looks kinda like maybe some oak mixed in. I’d be surprised if it was apple.
picture might be misleading, its less than foot long.

smokerjim

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 14, 2014
do you have something you could get a piece smoldering a bit , the smoke smell may give you a hint. or maybe not but worth a shot.

flatbroke

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Sep 16, 2007
I have seen quit a bit of oak trees that had bark resembling that bark picture. I have been in apple orchards a lot but never looked at their branches. Just the fruit lol

flatbroke

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Sep 16, 2007
Went to my yard and took a pic of these. Probably doesn’t help lol
44664FDA-C19F-46AE-8DB7-BF4CA6977300.jpeg

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.