What smoker settings?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Owtlaw

Original poster
Oct 25, 2020
Hello, I'm new here. I just bought a Campchef Woodwind WIFI. I'm still trying to familiarize myself with it. Will a setting of High Smoke produce more smoke than the smoker set at 225 and a smoke setting of 10?

Reactions: JLeonard
I have a camp chef also and what I have noticed is the hi smoke and 225 setting gives you about the same amount of smoke. I did notice the brand of pellet seems to yield different amounts also. Mine likes Campchef and Treager the most, lots of smoke, Pitboss give almost nothing.

Hope that helps
Corey

Reactions: JLeonard
I'm a new Camp Chef owner too and I can't get a good answer about the smoke settings from Camp Chef.

One customer service rep agreed with the way I understand the owners manual and another didn't. One customer service rep told me the high and low smoke settings produced the most smoke. That's the way I read the manual. Another told me that it's just a couple presets and using around the same temps as these settings and a smoke setting of 10 will produce the most smoke. Mine definitely smokes more using 225° and smoke setting 10 than it does on High Smoke. Similarly with Low Smoke. But even then I don't get what I call adequate smoke.

CC sent me a new air temp probe. I've changed it and that seems to have helped some with temp swings but still not enough smoke.

So far I've used B&B Pecan and Hickory pellets and Camp Chef Hickory pellets and I'm not a happy camper WRT to smoke flavor yet.

They've also sent me a new controller. I have to find the time and energy to change it and try again. I hope that works. I don't want to be stuck with an outdoor oven. I bought a Camp Chef for the features you don't see on other pellet grills.

One other tip, if you are new to pellet smokers. Learned this the hard way. Keep the chimney clean and clear all the time. I had been cleaning my grill religiously but kept forgetting the chimney. One cook I came out to find the pellet hopper billowing smoking and on the verge of fire. The chimney vents had creosoted off and were plugged. No air flow.

Cheer
Corey

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky