What she asks for, she gets

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 4, 2012
Bend Oregon
My wife asked for a "Non" smoked, oven roasted pot roast a while back. While at the store the other day  I noticed that the 7 bone roasts were less expensive than the rest of the roast so I picked up a nice looking slab. Pretty typical cook. Marinated the roast in Worcestershire for several hours. Seared it in olive oil. Layer the bottom of a dutch oven with onions. Put in tomato paste, salt, pepper, bunch of garlic cloves, the roast topped with taters, carrots, celery and several cups of beef broth. put it in a 295° oven for about 4 1/2-5 hours. Fall off the bone tender goodness! Can't wait to smoke the other one I snuck into the freezer!!! My fabulous wife made some beer bread using Wailua Wheat beer, YUMM!!!

The dogs enjoyed the bones, but were disappointed in how clean they were!

My better half made this fantastic bread!

Veggies on top!

Meat!

Broth, so good!

ENJOY!!!!

Reactions: foamheart and disco
Very nice Case.... Looks like valentines day was good to her......

Nice job ds, as usual ya nailed it ! Though IMHO, would have been just a tad better on the smoker ! :68: :ROTF. Gotta give ya a bad time, again looks awesome. Justin

Wow. That is a superb looking pot roast . Nice bread and all the fixings. Great teamwork.

I did a roast in similar fashion last weekend, in the smoker. Pretty nice meal!

What a meal!!! I bet that everyone was happy!!!!!! Cheers!!!! - Leah

Nice job ds, as usual ya nailed it ! Though IMHO, would have been just a tad better on the smoker ! :68: :ROTF. Gotta give ya a bad time, again looks awesome. Justin

Thank you!!!!!!

Yeah I missed that pecan and cherry smoke!!! Next time...

Wow That looks good! I am afraid I'd be sick, cause I know I would make a pig of myself. Damn that looks good Case!

I have a chuck in the reefer, I appreciate your post cause I always think about marinating AFTER its cooked. Never marinated one before, Methinks if yours looks this good, I am going to try it this time.

Inspiration!

Last edited:

Wow That looks good! I am afraid I'd be sick, cause I know I would make a pig of myself. Damn that looks good Case!

I have a chuck in the reefer, I appreciate your post cause I always think about marinating AFTER its cooked. Never marinated one before, Methinks if yours looks this good, I am going to try it this time.

Inspiration!
Thanks Kevin! I like to marinate beef in Worcestershire. I even dump the marinade into the pot when I do roasts. Another one of my favorite marinades to use is Italian dressing. It's good on chicken and beef! 

True blue comfort food! Everything looks great but your your wife's bread really is a nice picture.
Thanks Todd! I posted a picture of her bread to Facebook and we had over 30 friends wanting the recipe! Love bread cooked in cast iron!

Case, I am disappointed. You can't let the missus push you around like this. I never letmy wife influence me when I cook.

:wife:

The cheque is in the mail.
The doctor says it is just a cold sore.
No, that dress doesn't make you look fat.

Great looking meal though and great qview.

Disco

Case, I am disappointed. You can't let the missus push you around like this. I never letmy wife influence me when I cook.

wife.gif

The cheque is in the mail.
The doctor says it is just a cold sore.
No, that dress doesn't make you look fat.

Great looking meal though and great qview.

Disco
Thanks Disco!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky