• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

What she asks for, she gets

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 4, 2012
My wife asked for a "Non" smoked, oven roasted pot roast a while back. While at the store the other day  I noticed that the 7 bone roasts were less expensive than the rest of the roast so I picked up a nice looking slab. Pretty typical cook. Marinated the roast in Worcestershire for several hours. Seared it in olive oil. Layer the bottom of a dutch oven with onions. Put in tomato paste, salt, pepper, bunch of garlic cloves, the roast topped with taters, carrots, celery and several cups of beef broth. put it in a 295° oven for about 4 1/2-5 hours. Fall off the bone tender goodness! Can't wait to smoke the other one I snuck into the freezer!!! My fabulous wife made some beer bread using Wailua Wheat beer, YUMM!!!

The dogs enjoyed the bones, but were disappointed in how clean they were!

My better half made this fantastic bread!

Veggies on top!

Meat!

Broth, so good!

ENJOY!!!!

boykjo

Sausage maker
Staff member
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Apr 28, 2010
Very nice Case.... Looks like valentines day was good to her......

hambone1950

Master of the Pit
Group Lead
Joined Jul 23, 2012
Wow. That is a superb looking pot roast . Nice bread and all the fixings. Great teamwork.

trikefreak

Smoke Blower
Joined Nov 21, 2013
I did a roast in similar fashion last weekend, in the smoker. Pretty nice meal!

WaterinHoleBrew

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 18, 2013
Nice job ds, as usual ya nailed it ! Though IMHO, would have been just a tad better on the smoker ! :68: :ROTF. Gotta give ya a bad time, again looks awesome. Justin

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 4, 2012
Wow. That is a superb looking pot roast . Nice bread and all the fixings. Great teamwork.

I did a roast in similar fashion last weekend, in the smoker. Pretty nice meal!

What a meal!!! I bet that everyone was happy!!!!!! Cheers!!!! - Leah

Nice job ds, as usual ya nailed it ! Though IMHO, would have been just a tad better on the smoker ! :68: :ROTF. Gotta give ya a bad time, again looks awesome. Justin
Thank you!!!!!!

Yeah I missed that pecan and cherry smoke!!! Next time...

foamheart

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Apr 4, 2013
Wow That looks good! I am afraid I'd be sick, cause I know I would make a pig of myself. Damn that looks good Case!

I have a chuck in the reefer, I appreciate your post cause I always think about marinating AFTER its cooked. Never marinated one before, Methinks if yours looks this good, I am going to try it this time.

Inspiration!

Last edited:

woodcutter

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 2, 2012
True blue comfort food! Everything looks great but your your wife's bread really is a nice picture.

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 4, 2012

Wow That looks good! I am afraid I'd be sick, cause I know I would make a pig of myself. Damn that looks good Case!

I have a chuck in the reefer, I appreciate your post cause I always think about marinating AFTER its cooked. Never marinated one before, Methinks if yours looks this good, I am going to try it this time.

Inspiration!
Thanks Kevin! I like to marinate beef in Worcestershire. I even dump the marinade into the pot when I do roasts. Another one of my favorite marinades to use is Italian dressing. It's good on chicken and beef! 

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 4, 2012

True blue comfort food! Everything looks great but your your wife's bread really is a nice picture.
Thanks Todd! I posted a picture of her bread to Facebook and we had over 30 friends wanting the recipe! Love bread cooked in cast iron!

raastros2

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Jan 1, 2012
beer bread goes good with any kind of meat doesnt it! the only bread i will serve with my 'que

reinhard

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 6, 2013
Great pick on the roast!!!  That's a great meal you two put together!!! Reinhard

disco

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 31, 2012
Case, I am disappointed. You can't let the missus push you around like this. I never letmy wife influence me when I cook.

:wife:

The cheque is in the mail.
The doctor says it is just a cold sore.
No, that dress doesn't make you look fat.

Great looking meal though and great qview.

Disco

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 4, 2012
Case, I am disappointed. You can't let the missus push you around like this. I never letmy wife influence me when I cook.

The cheque is in the mail.
The doctor says it is just a cold sore.
No, that dress doesn't make you look fat.

Great looking meal though and great qview.

Disco
Thanks Disco!

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.