What precautions are you taking for Corona Virus

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
On a side note, most of the groceries around here are opening an hour early for seniors only. Commendable but most groceries don't stock overnight anymore. First thing in the morning a lot of things won't be available anyway. What worries me is that it's still dark here at 7am and a bunch of old folks would be easy parking lot pickings for scum.
I carry and always have an eye out but most don't. It's just a matter of time....

My wife and I took advantage of this "commendable effort" at one of our local grocery store this morning. Not only was the store relatively dark but the Deli Dept, Bakery Dept, Meat Counter, and Fish Counters were all closed. There were only 2 check out registers open which created two very long lines of elderly people clustered together during what was supposed to help create social distancing. All this did was create social gathering. Not quite sure how this was an advantage for the elderly!

We are going to shop during regular hours from now on.

Be careful out there everyone,

John

Last edited:
Our local grocery chain has added the senior and medically compromised restricted times at first 1-1/2 hours in the morning. They also published truck restock days and best mornings for picking up paper products, eggs, and other restricted items.
Never been a parking lot issue, but I will call my buddy the Chief to suggest a patrol.

Dan,

Sorry to hear about all your possessions being taken.
Those sociopaths are the kind I would like to introduce to "Mr. Glock" if they come to my house!

Take Care,

John
Same here John, but mine is Mr Kimber or Mr Sig.
All but impossible to get a CC in my county but I may or may not care about their CC laws.:emoji_wink:

Thanks a bunch guys.
Dan

Same here John, but mine is Mr Kimber or Mr Sig. All but impossible to get a CC in my county but I may or may not care about their CC law. Thanks a bunch guys. Dan

I'm a 4th generation SF boy, grew up in Redwood City, lived there for over 40 years. True, you'll never get a permit from a Bay Area county, got mine when I moved to Sacto. Take a course and get non-resident permits issued from AZ and Utah if you are going to carry regardless. CA is over-run with gangs and crime preying on the elderly, stay safe. RAY

I'm a 4th generation SF boy, grew up in Redwood City, lived there for over 40 years. True, you'll never get a permit from a Bay Area county, got mine when I moved to Sacto. Take a course and get non-resident permits issued from AZ and Utah if you are going to carry regardless. CA is over-run with gangs and crime preying on the elderly, stay safe. RAY
I was in Vegas a few months ago to get my CC at Front Site, go figure I got the flu so bad I couldn't leave the hotel room for the whole week. The people at F.S. were very cool about it, all I have to do is get back there for the class they refunded me 100% of the fee's. I know my way around pistols just fine though. I shot action pistol for 5 yrs and my practice was 1000+ rounds per week.

Same here John, but mine is Mr Kimber or Mr Sig.
All but impossible to get a CC in my county but I may or may not care about their CC laws.:emoji_wink:

It is important to put our well being and safety into the hands of our law enforcement agencies because that is what they do and in most cases do it well.

However, they can't be in all places at all times. That is why I have had a conceal carry permit since the early 70s . It's not necessary to carry at all times but there are times when it is. I am not a fan of having to look around and hope a police officer is available when some sociopath accosts me or my family. I will do what I have to do to protect myself and my family, staying alive to sort it out in the courts later.

When I travel out of state in my vehicle I always carry because sociopaths are not restricted only to my state. I don't go looking for trouble nor do I wish to be the victim of some psychopath.

Stay safe my friend,

John

Last edited:
That's why it's good to have the non-resident CCW permits from AZ and Utah as well as one issued from one's home state. With the reciprocal rights from those two permits I'm legal to carry in 36 states of the union. RAY

Some good news for use smokers...

Large distributors are repackaging and diverting goods allocated to go to restaurants to fill the gap as everyone is now eating from home. Store shelves and freezer cases will begin filling up in the next 10-14 days. Hang in there folks, we'll get through this....

That's why it's good to have the non-resident CCW permits from AZ and Utah as well as one issued from one's home state. With the reciprocal rights from those two permits I'm legal to carry in 36 states of the union. RAY
My Ohio permit gives me 40 states. It covers anywhere I would go to except CA.

Reactions: forktender

Large distributors are repackaging and diverting goods allocated to go to restaurants to fill the gap as everyone is now eating from home. Store shelves and freezer cases will begin filling up in the next 10-14 days. Hang in there folks, we'll get through this....

I believe the National Guard is being called in throughout the USA to begin transporting goods from warehouses to stores. I know that what's happening here in AZ. RAY

Reactions: Smokin' in AZ
I believe the National Guard is being called in throughout the USA to begin transporting goods from warehouses to stores. I know that what's happening here in AZ. RAY

Seems those calling this "Pandemic" a "Hoax" and "Overblown" have quieted down a bit.
Hunkering down is easy---I do it all the time!

Bear

Did the weekly shopping trip today to our local grocery store chain.
Found food service size bags of cut up chicken in the freezer case. I'll be going back as it was 99¢/#
(Defrosting the upright freezer today and didn't have room in the coolers to keep it cold.)
Other meat products in very good supply.

Reactions: Will Squared
Not so much just for taking precautions because of the coronavirus, but finally had time to grind up some venison ... we were about out. And a busy day so not many pics to post for a separate post.

20200326_193952.jpg

In total, 96 lbs of deer burger, we are good for awhile. Some will be shared with our kids.

Ryan

Looks good Ryan and should keep ya in meat for awhile. I have some I need to grind to.
I went to a couple grocery stores this week but wife and I talked and we decided since I'm considered high risk I'm not going to stores anymore. I may need to go get fuel for the tractor, skid steer, UTV, or mower but I can wear gloves pay at the pump and not have to interact with anybody. I have enough projects around here to keep me busy for years lol

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky