What precautions are you taking for Corona Virus

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I found a few small bottles of Purell I didn't know I had, but they expired in 2012. I'm sure some of the alcohol has evaporated and they are below 60% alcohol. I wonder if I can just add a little 91% isopropyl with it.

Reactions: Will Squared
Schools closed until end of month.
In store restaurant service closed.
Bars, service and social clubs closed. (Luckily off-sale or beer, wine and liquor stores still open.)
Gas and diesel prices at record low for the 2000's.
Churches that have on-line capacity are closed. Others may follow.
Hospital (where my wife works) is on total contagion lock down.

BTW, there are a lot of test kits available to local health care facilities.
Here, the biggest reason for limiting testing to only the suspect people is the due to limited availability of the PPE required to do the testing.

back to original question of did you panic over the pandemic.

Not much.
Bought our normal restock case of Costco TP before the hysteria started.
Already only go shopping once a week.

A few extras last week
We got a few pounds of ground beef for the freezer. Usually just purchase fresh as we don't eat a lot of beef.
We had depleted our normal stock of canned goods and replenishing coincided at the start of the panic.

Bought a 12 pack of TP from local store that was intended for Scouting for Food donation.
That service project for the food shelf is now indefinitely postponed.
Rolls now offered to friends that got caught with their pants down. Pun intended.

I found a few small bottles of Purell I didn't know I had, but they expired in 2012. I'm sure some of the alcohol has evaporated and they are below 60% alcohol. I wonder if I can just add a little 91% isopropyl with it.
Yes, most definitely It shouldn't take much, depending on the bottle size a ts to a TBLS.
First put a small glob on a plate and light it if the flame is clearish blue I'd just add a ts if there is any orange in the flame add another ts. Hand sanitizer is normally pretty shelf stable though, but better safe than sorry.
But treat that bottle of 91 like it's gold they are impossible to come by out here in CA right now.
It's getting real out here in the bay area, and it's not going to get any better soon, keep your home secure ours was broken into and 2 freezers worth of meat, fish and fowl were taken along with our emergency survival kit/ bug out kits and first aid kits. Good thing they didn't get any guns or ammo.
(it was all locked up in safes at our other house.)
We were moving, so I'm sure it was someone close by us.......treat everyone as a zombie right now.
Double tap to center mass if need be.

Yes, most definitely It shouldn't take much, depending on the bottle size a ts to a TBLS.
First put a small glob on a plate and light it if the flame is clearish blue I'd just add a ts if there is any orange in the flame add another ts. Hand sanitizer is normally pretty shelf stable though, but better safe than sorry. But treat that bottle of 91 like it's gold they are impossible to come by out here in CA right now. It's getting real out here in the bay area, and it's not going to get any better soon, keep your home secure ours was broken into and 2 freezers worth of meat, fish and fowl were taken along with our emergency survival kit/ bug out kits and first aid kits. Good thing they didn't get any guns or ammo. (it was all locked up in safes at our other house.) We were moving, so I'm sure it was someone close by us.......treat everyone as a zombie right now. Double tap to center mass if need be.

Wow, that is absolutely terrible! Obviously someone monitoring your coming and going, you're right, everyone is a zombie.

My 94 year-old FIL took a spill at the senior living place he's at, second time in a week. They shuttled him to the ER down the block, x-rays show for cracked ribs and something bad with his shoulder. They put him in a bed for the night in the hospital, he'll get shuttled back to his senior living facility sometime today. The facility is on quarantine lockdown, my wife can't even get in to see him, looks like he'll be quarantined to his room for a couple of weeks. This couldn't have happened at a worse time, my wife is now looking into care homes for the old guy. Of course care homes aren't going to be letting strangers come in to check things out with what's going on. Just when we thought all we had to do was stay home and ride this out, the sky falls. RAY

Be careful what alcohol you add to it.
Don't want people licking your hands all the time!!

Bear

Be careful what alcohol you add to it.
Don't want people licking your hands all the time!!

Bear

Went to the liquor store to get some bourbon and they were completely out of the cheap vodkas. Somewhere on the net someone posted a DYI hand sanitizer using vodka. Rest of the store was normally stocked including the Everclear. I may be wrong, but I'd think Everclear would be a better sanitizer than vodka. That stuff will kill everything!

ours was broken into and 2 freezers worth of meat, fish and fowl were taken along with our emergency survival kit/ bug out kits and first aid kits. Good thing they didn't get any guns or ammo.
(it was all locked up in safes at our other house.)
We were moving, so I'm sure it was someone close by us.......treat everyone as a zombie right now.
That is BAD, BAD!! forktender I am sorry for what's happened to you and your family. Unfortunately, there are many criminals around and they get more active especially during events like this...
My 94 year-old FIL took a spill at the senior living place he's at, second time in a week.
Ray, very sad to hear that. This is real warse time to happen but for 94 years old it's never a good time... Wish you and your family the best....

I got wind a mandatory 14 day quarantine is coming this weekend so the wife and I made a final run to the store for a few things we might run out of. Happy to see people were civil and plenty in stock sans bread and TP.

I am on mandatory 14 days quarantine since Monday and was planning on making some kabanosy. Had a couple of runs to my local Lucky supermarket to only find completely empty shelves in meat department. On my question "what's really happening with meats" the department manger said that people freaking out and not coming to store.... Guess no kabanosy for me in the near future.... :emoji_persevere:

Last edited:
  • Sad
Wow, that is absolutely terrible! Obviously someone monitoring your coming and going, you're right, everyone is a zombie.

My 94 year-old FIL took a spill at the senior living place he's at, second time in a week. They shuttled him to the ER down the block, x-rays show for cracked ribs and something bad with his shoulder. They put him in a bed for the night in the hospital, he'll get shuttled back to his senior living facility sometime today. The facility is on quarantine lockdown, my wife can't even get in to see him, looks like he'll be quarantined to his room for a couple of weeks. This couldn't have happened at a worse time, my wife is now looking into care homes for the old guy. Of course care homes aren't going to be letting strangers come in to check things out with what's going on. Just when we thought all we had to do was stay home and ride this out, the sky falls. RAY

Hey Ray,
Sorry to hear about the FIL. Not a good time for that to happen, although never is a good time.
This morning I had a Gut Pain that felt just like the Gall bladder attack I had 6 years ago.
I thought, Oh Great time to have to go to the Hospital. However the pain subsided since.
Shame this crap isn't a Hoax, like we were told, and the "Sky actually is falling a little more each day", thanks to a lack of urgency.

Take Care,
Bear

Thank for the compliments on the grandbaby. I'm subjective, but she really is a special little lady. When people say how cute she is I reply that she takes after her grandpa, but honestly my wife and daughter are pretty adorable so I think they had something to do with it.

We video call almost daily, my wife through Facetime but I'm not a fan of Apple stuff so I use Duo on my Android phone. We also just got a Portal, which is pretty neat as the camera will follow you in a room.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky