What Did You Cook For Labor Day?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

thirdeye

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 1, 2019
The Cowboy State - Wyoming
Aaaah, the end of Summer, classic cookout weather*, last holiday to camp, go to the lake, play some golf, or just hang out and have a beer. Here is a 'bits and pieces' recap from the house of thirdeye. What was cooking at your house?

American Wagyu smash burgers were on the menu for noon Friday.
lz9By26.jpg
yoq0Vie.jpg

Saturday was steak night. Veggies went on first, then everything else in order.
VIgKiUC.jpg
vexQKfR.jpg
A little edge sear .... we like fillets between rare and medium rare.
VdlQSXX.jpg
Sunday was a Coppa roast, which is the money muscle end of a pork butt. It has several muscle groups and is my favorite pork roast.
KxUGQlD.jpg
Served up with some grilled zucchini, baby peppers, cauliflower salad (similar to potato salad) and guacamole.
rwqo286.jpg
On Monday morning, a weather alert for the chance of snow (of all things) became a reality. We spent most of the day preparing for that and wound up cooking breakfast for dinner with leftover pork, grilled brats, and some hard boiled eggs.
2xTOL8n.jpg
*And sure enough, later in the evening we got rain, turning to snow. And boy did it.
KN3RZJ4.jpg

All looks real good. Wow, snow? Yikes! Glad you got almost all of your cooks in. Nice work.
I did a Brisket Saturday. Came out very good for texture, etc. Was very salty though, and I don't use salt in my rub or injection. Odd, it was a Prime packer from Sam's. I'll have to look into that next time. Thanks for sharing.

I too, did a packer brisket graded Choice or better ($2.98 lb). Light trim, so it ended up at around 13 lbs. 10 hours unwrapped on the WSM at 225F on average. 1 hour wrapped on the WSM at 280-285F to an IT of 207F and almost probe tender. 3.5 hours wrapped in a 170F oven. Soooo good and got 12 oz of au jus. No pics.

Reactions: MJB05615
No bbq. With the fires out here the air quality is for shit so wood smoke banned. Waiting on my Horizon offset too. Hopefully I can do some smoking real soon.

Sunday was CSR that I cooked a little to long due to a unschooled nap lol little dryer than I wanted but still good, homemade soup Monday and more laying around, had to work Saturday so only 2 days off

Smash burgers on the Blackstone, beans, slaw and deviled eggs.

I did a 15.50lb. full packer brisket and Dutches wicked baked beans on the MES and ATB's, spam and ramaki on the 22" Weber on Saturday.

Did some pork ribs and a piece of beef in the smoker as well as Gary's bake beans and tater salad. Coming off of 6 week my fat free diet.
Was a very enjoyable meal.

Warren

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky