• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

What camera do you use for 'q vue

gearjammer

Master of the Pit
Joined Apr 6, 2015
I use my Apple 6 phone, hate to get everything all messed

up from my hands being dirty so I miss a lot of pictures.

Tell us a little about how you do it, wash your hands every minute

or have someone else take pictures for you.

Ed 

pc farmer

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 17, 2013
I use my droid turbo 2. I wash my hands alot.

lemans

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Dec 29, 2013
I am a professional photographer. And when I take Q pictures I only use one camera... My iPhone 6s.
Sharp fast easy to use in low light...

smokesontuesday

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jul 25, 2014
LG G5. 

If I were going to take really nice plated pictures I might break out something better but it does a pretty good job.

rabbithutch

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 15, 2011
iPhone 6

I wear rubber gloves when I'm handling food, the nitrile kind. They are easy to wipe off, wash or remove when I need to get pics, but I agree that it seems the moment I want to take one, my hands are the greasiest. Sorta like your nose never itches until you're changing the oil in your car and have grease up past the wrists.

I have put on a clean rubber glove over a dirty one but that can be a problem, too.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
iphone 6 here too.

I also wash my hands a lot or have Judy take the photo's.

Al

stokensmoke

Smoke Blower
Joined Feb 6, 2016
I've tried posting pics from my turbo 2 several times and every time I do I get a insufficient memory error and it boots me out. Any suggestions ?

daveomak

OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 12, 2010
I've tried posting pics from my turbo 2 several times and every time I do I get a insufficient memory error and it boots me out. Any suggestions ?
Download and edit your pics on your computer...   I load to a SMF file....   Then use the "INSERT IMAGE" on the tool bar above to load your pics.....

phatbac

Master of the Pit
Joined Jun 11, 2013
I use lg droid as well. Sometimes my finger gets in the shot or i smudge the camera. I dl to the computer and upload from there.

Happy smoking,
phatbac (Aaron)

lancep

Master of the Pit
Joined Apr 6, 2016
I use my iPhone 6 as well. I usually do a good job of keeping one hand clean. And, I handwash a Lot! What's funny is, I dropped and shattered my phone a few weeks ago and used my daughters Nikon. I think those were the worst I've done. Then again, I don't know how to use it.

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 4, 2012
I phone 6 also. I could use my Nikon, but the iPhone is fine.

I usually only take photos in between stages when I've washed up. Quite often I wear gloves so when it's time to take off the gloves I snap a photo or two.

lancep

Master of the Pit
Joined Apr 6, 2016
I hardly ever use my laptop - is there a way to upload pics from my phone?
What kind of phone? I had trouble with my iPhone at first, but I found if I don't preview they go through. So there you have it folks, you deal with my typos for my convenience! What a d...!

stokensmoke

Smoke Blower
Joined Feb 6, 2016
I've got a droid turbo 2. Gotta be a way to post from my phone. Have a laptop be never use it and don't feel like transferring pics to the computer before can post them

daveomak

OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 12, 2010
I've got a droid turbo 2. Gotta be a way to post from my phone. Have a laptop be never use it and don't feel like transferring pics to the computer before can post them
Have you opened the reply window, clicked on the "Insert Image" ICON to see what to do ????

pc farmer

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 17, 2013
I have the same phone. I use photo bucket. Works great

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.