What are washingtonians smoking for the holidays?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dave, I'm looking for a good snack stick recipe, tried one i found the day before Christmas eve and i wasn't too happy with it. Mind sharing?

This recipe I got from the forum.... It is one of nepas recipes... It is below....   I did change a couple things.... I used beef consomme for the liquid, AmesPhos was added, and Saco buttermilk powder in lieu of fermento...    Way too much consomme was added by mistake but it sure went through the tube easy....  Took awhile to dry the casings at 100 ish.....  The 24 hour in the smoker is the key.... Started the smoke at 120 for 3 hours with Pitmaster's Choice pellets after the casings were dry....  then 160 ish for the duration...  Dave

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/114455/stick-batch

New to this forum, live in Port Orchard Washington. I did a bit for Christmas. I have a big green egg and did my first bacon with the Amaze product, did a ham bought from a local butcher (though in the oven), and did some deep dish pizzas in a cast iron skillet.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky