What are some pros and cons about a RF Fire box design as well as RF water/plate

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

boogerb1

Original poster
Jul 2, 2016
Hello from Texas, This my first post so here goe's.and have had some ideas I have been thinking of building an RF smoker for some time now. I have a 94" X 30" Dia. propane tank I have for the build. I have a few thoughts and hope to see what you that have any insight on this matter may have.

I am wanting to build my RF plate into the top of the firebox. The reason for this is I want the top of the Plate to hold water. The thought is to help with clean out after each cook and add humidity into the cooking process. The reason to connect the plate to the top of the firebox is so the fire can be directly under the water/plate to help to create that humid environment in the smoker.

In order to do this, I would like to move the firebox forward all but approx. 6-8 inches under the smoker. That way the fire will be directly under the water/plate of the smoker.

I'm also planning on using a cyberq cloud to help regulate the temp in the pit as well.

I haven't seen one like this built and I'm pretty sure I'm not the first to think of this, But I figure it wouldn't hurt to throw this out there before so It may help with the end product.

Thanks for any help.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky