What a way to start the new year off

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gmc2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 15, 2012
Let me say that the day started off great. Clear skies temps in the mid to upper 30s(which is great for around here), and Genny Cream Ale was selling for 9.00 a 15 pack. So I decided to break out the Kettle/Vortex combo and do me up some meat.

Flip the old Vortex wide side up and load her up with some hot RO.

DSC01483.JPG

Season up a couple of beef steaks
DSC01470.JPG

Get them over the coals

1609614185917.jpeg

...now we got some Burger King cooking going. Flame Broiled baby

DSC01489.JPG

Another shot: Fire in the hole
DSC01493.JPG

A little overdone but still dang good. The camera flash and a few Gennies will do that to a fella.
DSC01495.JPG

Now I wake up this morning and head out to bring the kettle back into the garage, and low and behold look at what I see.

DSC01501.JPG

Time to break out the snow blower, and thanks for taking a look.

Chris

Oh my Chris, everything was looking so wonderful until that last picture. Maybe knock the snow off the lid and grill another steak, melt some of that stuff. I'd have to move. RAY

Those are some good lookin steaks . I need to fire up a kettle , but looks like more freezing rain moving in .

Oh my Chris, everything was looking so wonderful until that last picture. Maybe knock the snow off the lid and grill another steak, melt some of that stuff. I'd have to move. RAY

Thanks Ray, I thought about firing the kettle up today, but then I gave some more thought. Appreciate the point also.

Those are some good lookin steaks . I need to fire up a kettle , but looks like more freezing rain moving in .

Appreciate it Chop, the steaks were great, the camera person and the cook not so much. They weren't as well done as the pic indicates that's the flashes fault, but they were still overcooked for my liking. Thanks for the like also.

Chris

Looks real good chris. Nice work bud

Thank you Jake. It was a nice way to kick the new year off.

Chris, your yard looks like ours did a few days ago now, just under 10 inches.

You got me beat. We only have about 6" currently, but the clouds are still hanging around. so probably more to come overnight.

Chris

As I get older the thought of snow just doesnt appeal as much as it used to.
Jim

I feeling that way also Jim. Back in the day when I had the snowmobile or was taking the kids sledding down the hill. The snow was fun. Now it's just another chore. Also thanks for the like.

Genny Cream Ale ? I thot u were a PBR person. Love that picture (next to last)

PBR, GCA or a Gansett three of the best Craft brews out there. Seriously I'm normally a PBR drinker, but at .60 a can. I couldn't resist.

Chris

Thanks for the like DanMcG DanMcG appreciate it.

Chris

Looks good Chris! Love the dedication of grilling in the snow. You can keep all that , we had a white Christmas and that’s all the snow I need until next Christmas lol

Reactions: JLeonard
Nice cook. I drank a lot of Genny Cream Ale over the years. It is a great beer. And Yes, its not hard to, " lose track " of IT after a few. ☺...JJ

Looks good Chris! Love the dedication of grilling in the snow. You can keep all that , we had a white Christmas and that’s all the snow I need until next Christmas lol

Thanks Jeff for the like and kind words. The snow didn't show up till morning. So tomorrows cook will be in the snow.

Nice cook. I drank a lot of Genny Cream Ale over the years. It is a great beer. And Yes, its not hard to, " lose track " of IT after a few. ☺...JJ

Totally agree JJ, That Genny played a big part in my getting tossed out of College back in the 70s. Dad said it was the most expensive vacation I'll ever have. He was right. Appreciate the like also.

Chris

Great job on them steaks.! The vortex sure is handy.
And I wouldn’t mind to have some of that snow. I miss that stuff.
Also, never had that beer. I may have to look for it around here.!

Looks like a great steak Chris. Another +1 for the Genny cream ale! That’s my daily drinker and it’s hard to beat a 30pack for $15.

Steak still looks pretty good! But don't think that's what they mean by insulating your smoker! I seem to have the same thing.

Ryan

• Haha
Reactions: Fueling Around
Great job on them steaks.! The vortex sure is handy.
And I wouldn’t mind to have some of that snow. I miss that stuff.
Also, never had that beer. I may have to look for it around here.!

Appreciate it Justin and for the like, The vortex has made my bbq'ing life so much easier. Genny should be located in with the cheap beers. The cream ale is actually pretty good, and if I could mail you some snow I would. I think we're gonna get hit again tonight.

Looks like a tasty steak to me

Thanks Kevin and for the like.

Chris

Looks like a great steak Chris. Another +1 for the Genny cream ale! That’s my daily drinker and it’s hard to beat a 30pack for $15.

So true Xray, I stopped drinking it for a long time for some reason, but it's slowly making it's way back into the rotation. Appreciate the like also.

Steak still looks pretty good! But don't think that's what they mean by insulating your smoker! I seem to have the same thing.

Ryan

Ray you don't think that insulation would work for cold smoking? Thanks for the like and kind words appreciate them.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky